Wild GM away until 1/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2002
On the heels of a 7-4 win over Montreal, led by a hat trick by Ladislav Nagy, Wild GM will head to that hockey hotbed of Tunica, Mississippi for a scouting trip.

Ok, there happens to be a poker tournament there, but......he will watch hockey too. Apparently.

Mar 1, 2002
Having returned from an unsuccessful.....scouting....trip to Mississippi, GM Greg Dockus had some choice words for Canucks foward Jim Dowd. Dowd leveled Darcy Tucker from behind with a vicious elbow to the head, causing a serious concussion. Dowd was given a 5 minute major, and then was suspended for 5 games. Tucker is expected to be out of action for a week to 10 days.

"The Canucks have a pretty fair team, that's why coach decided to scratch Cairns. We didn't feel the need for a big guy out there. Well let me tell you, Mr Dowd is a lucky man that we play the Canucks twice during his 5 game vacation. Regardless, Cairns will be on the ice next time we face the Canucks. We will not stand for the dirty, filthy, ugly play that Dowd brought to the game."

Mar 1, 2002
The Wild were once again victims of a cheap shot. In their 6-2 win over Toronto, 5'7'' Brian Gionta actually was able to cross-check Bryan Muir in the head. The dirty play led to a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, but somehow, Gionta escaped punishment. That can't be said for Muir who is out with a concussion.

"I can't believe that midget got off scot free," said Muir. "I'm sorry, did you ask something?", he rambled, clearly still feel the effects of the concussion. "Can I have some pudding?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->