Prospect Info: Wild Development Camp 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
So Russo was just making it sound like all of our defensive corps are studs in his blog. He referred to olofsson as Brodin-esque. A big mobile guy. Folin is a pro. Dumba has a bomb with high intensity. Belpedio is smooth and gets the puck up the ice. Etc etc

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
So Russo was just making it sound like all of our defensive corps are studs in his blog. He referred to olofsson as Brodin-esque. A big mobile guy. Folin is a pro. Dumba has a bomb with high intensity. Belpedio is smooth and gets the puck up the ice. Etc etc

Its really hard to tell from a scrimmage. I was there 2 years ago and I though Brodin wasn't anything special, quiet... not the most noticeable guy apart from Grandlund and zucker who were definetly noticeable. Then he makes the roster and is top 4 on Defense? I can see the Brodin comparisons with olofsson. I saw him make a really nice little move or 2 in the D zone. Dumba was unleashed as he would be in a scrimmage but he was by far and away the most noticeable player on the ice. Belepdio was so-so but its a scrimmage lets talk about him in 2-3yrs...Folin was not really in the picture too much...I don't really think they played him to much but its hard keeping track of all the 50-70 jersey numbers? although he was #5

Jarick

Doing Nothing

He watches a lot more of the kids than I do, but I generally agree. I know he said that Folin was the star of Friday's scrimmage, which I didn't go to.

But yeah, Olofsson really reminds me of Brodin's game and Belpedio loved to rush the puck up the ice. Dumba was hit or miss as we touched on but he definitely has the shot.

Dumba actually reminds me a bit of Burns back in the day, super athletic and toolsy but kind of spastic mentally? His skating is so ridiculously good but (TP touched on this) he loves to make so many moves he seems to lose his gap or skate himself out of position. If he adjusts, I mean yeah compare him to a smaller version of Burns, that's a hell of a guy to have on the roster when you have some solid defenders like Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Scandella on there already.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think Folin is smart and realizes that he makes the Wild if he plays a simple game. He'll beat all other Dmen if he is defensively reliable and is reasonable physical. Once on the Wild, he can then push for getting on the 2nd PP with his big shot.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
It's actually Folin that reminds me of Brodin. In games like that, not being noticed can be a good thing.

I think Folin knows he can make the roster if he is smart and consistent. Once he's on the big club, the coaches will help him fine tune his game, and give him the opportunity to increase his productivity over time.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
He watches a lot more of the kids than I do, but I generally agree. I know he said that Folin was the star of Friday's scrimmage, which I didn't go to.

But yeah, Olofsson really reminds me of Brodin's game and Belpedio loved to rush the puck up the ice. Dumba was hit or miss as we touched on but he definitely has the shot.

Dumba actually reminds me a bit of Burns back in the day, super athletic and toolsy but kind of spastic mentally? His skating is so ridiculously good but (TP touched on this) he loves to make so many moves he seems to lose his gap or skate himself out of position. If he adjusts, I mean yeah compare him to a smaller version of Burns, that's a hell of a guy to have on the roster when you have some solid defenders like Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Scandella on there already.

I can't really judge Dumba until I see him at the next level. His defense has already improved dramatically. But guys like that play differently at times. It would be silly to not expect him to be more aggressive in a scrimmage, or even in the CHL. The test will be if he knows how to turn it off.

I'm not worried though. It took Subban like 3 years to learn how to manage his offensive skills without hurting his team.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
It is on you, Wild fans, to pump the tires of Dumba, Folin,Olofsson, like Penguins fans boost their d prospects, or the Wings fans. They are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->