Post-Game Talk: Wild Defend "Their Ice" In Game 3 - Jets Lose 6-2

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Trouba's stick is in his left arm on the opposite side of contact. Trouba's head is already turned before Foligno has any contact with his stick. I don't see what you're seeing.

I didn't really see this until it was slowed down like that. Thanks.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Trouba's stick is in his left arm on the opposite side of contact. Trouba's head is already turned before Foligno has any contact with his stick. I don't see what you're seeing.

That was a head shot all day , Trouba's head was turned from Foligno's shoulder hitting it . If Buff did that he would be getting suspended , no doubt in my mind .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just score on our PP and they can run around like idiots all the way out of the playoffs . :nod:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Trouba has been more than fine so far. Him and Morrissey are crushing their matchups. Can't ask for much more than being above a 60% CF in each game so far especially when Moe is trying to get them out against the opposition's best night in and night out.
I don't think he's played poorly at all - but not as good as before the high ankle sprain.

Also, I dont give a shit about corsi

Morrissey has been incredible.

Reactions: Robinson2187

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yes.

I believe that Button and others have said the same things. And they are not wrong.

Line was almost exactly 50-50 going into the game in Minnesota. Any Given Sunday :blah: :blah: Can't win games through sheer force of will :blah: :blah:

Granted, this was a shitty way to lose. They lost their cool, I think, responding to Minnesota's goonery. I hope they'll review this uncalled headshot and that punch to the knee and realize Minnesota really is trying to cheap shot their way back into the series. Respond with good clean hits and good play pls.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Obvious intent to injure. And if you look at the direction of the punch, it is not directly from behind. It is more on the side of the knee as clearly intended. And as such, there appears to be flex in the knee in the same trajectory/direction of the punch - to the side. Of course the knee buckles forward since that is the natural direction of a knee joint. But I see what appears to be side flex as well. I am not a doctor but looks like medial strain - possibly MCL. That is the issue and why this is such a grievous intent to injure play. Taking out a hockey player's knees can be career ending. This should be reviewed and there should be a significant suspension. Unfortunately, I don't feel good about Myers return.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I didn't really see this until it was slowed down like that. Thanks.

Clear head shot. First point of contact. Shoulder to the head. Was this sent in for review? This is 100% a suspension in all cases. I don't see how in any situation this is not suspendable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SM17

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Obvious intent to injure. And if you look at the direction of the punch, it is not directly from behind. It is more on the side of the knee as clearly intended. And as such, there appears to be flex in the knee in the same trajectory/direction of the punch - to the side. Of course the knee buckles forward since that is the natural direction of a knee joint. But I see what appears to be side flex as well. I am not a doctor but looks like medial strain - possibly MCL. That is the issue and why this is such a grievous intent to injure play. Taking out a hockey player's knees can be career ending. This should be reviewed and there should be a significant suspension. Unfortunately, I don't feel good about Myers return.

Well, you could be right--I guess ??? but it looked to me, that he bumped his knee quite hard, and probably bruised it. I don't think he "tore a ligament" like an ACL or MCL, because he would have needed help getting off the ice-"those are very painful."

After his injury he got off the ice and I saw him walking with no assistance from anybody, and he was walking around in the tunnel on his own steam. I hope he'll be OK -- but you could be right that he may have "strained" a ligament.

If he did--I have no idea what the recovery time is ?? I'm hoping he just took a deep bruise, and because we were so far behind--Maurice told him to take the rest of the night off. I hope he comes back--he's a real weapon on defense for us in scoring.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Clear head shot. First point of contact. Shoulder to the head. Was this sent in for review? This is 100% a suspension in all cases. I don't see how in any situation this is not suspendable.

One thing is for sure, if they are going to let Foligno skate around and take out Jets' players knees and Jets players heads but it is ok because there is no intent to injure when he does so, then the Jets will need to target Wild players heads and knees with no intent to injure as well. If that is the level playing field that the league wants for the Wild and the Jets, so be it.

Plays don’t get “sent in” for review. DOPS is always watching and they alone decide what to review

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Wiebe wrote the following in the Sun about the Foligno hit (punch) on Myers...

Is that the type of play Maurice would like the NHL department of player safety pay some additional attention to?

“Everything gets looked at,” said Maurice.

Foligno wasn’t penalized on the play, nor did the Jets target him for any retribution during the third period.

“Actually I went out to block the shot and then I thought he was jumping behind me and I just got tangled up and then he button hooked away from me,” said Foligno. “I don’t know what happened. He kind of fell after. I didn’t really like hit him or do anything other than I just might have caught his leg or something with my shin pad or something, so I don’t know what happened to him, but I hope he’s okay.”

Myers was seen walking down the hallway following the game and he was only limping slightly.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Looked like an intentional punch to the knee to me.

Helle is our #1 goalie, has been awesome all season, and he's definitely back in net next game. But his leash may have just gotten a little bit shorter. Although the team did very little to help him out. Our guys gotta do a better job of protecting the front of the net. Also, either block the shot, or get out of the way so Helle can see it. Our own players were screening him all night. The only upside to yesterday's game is that Mason got out there and got some playoff action, which may help if we need him further down the stretch.

Next game is big. If we lose, it's a best of 3, and that's a little worrisome as some bad bounces or calls can really start factoring into such a small number of games. I expect a close game. Wild are strong at home, Jets will rebound off a lack-luster performance.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
This was the game Minny was going to win. I would've liked to see it a bit closer but the goals were all seeing eye shots or shots floated in from the boards, off a body, and in. Could be a good thing, as I see a very determined effort from the jets tomorrow

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've watched the replay of Foligno on Myers...holy hell if that isn't an intentional punch/knee take out, I don't know what is. If I was Maurice, I'd have that damn clip on loop all day to get the team fired up.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The refs need to call this ... notice when a Wild player is falling or taken out of the play they grab the Jet player to take him out. Last game Dumba was hit and knock down he held on to Wheeler.
I'm sorry but if the Jets body slammed a player to the ice or did a head shot or punch out a knee near the boards it would be a suspension guaranteed especially if it was Buff.
If this does not motivate the Jets nothing will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->