Post-Game Talk: Wild def. Canucks - 2-1 (Boeser)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kravtsov - showed some moments of skill and speed. He can really fly. However kind of player that does random things and sometimes not easy to integrate these type of high skill players into any system. Talent seems there but you hope you are not into another Goldobin situation.
It's only been a couple of games with limited icetime of course but a big difference with the Goldobin comparison is that Kravtsov clearly has greater attention to the backcheck and looks to rub people out of the play. There is more to work with to make him an effective NHLer.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
in9pfRX.jpg
This is weird, because I was at the game and Quinn Hughes was the best player on the ice by a mile.

Reactions: MS

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
Nobody should judge a new player till they have played 10 games with the team.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I absolutely hate these sorts of graphs.
Hockey is incredibly unsuited to simple statistical accounts of how a certain player affects the outcome of games. This stuff started in baseball, which is highly amenable to prediction and statistic analysis, especially hitting -- you can literally track where, how hard and how often players hit balls. Events in hockey are way more ambiguous and have way more complex antecedent causes than a pitch being thrown.

I was pretty close to ice level last night for the first time this season. Hughes and Pettersson are just clearly the best players on the team. In particular, Hughes preserves the team's presence in the offensive zone constantly with his skill and quick thinking.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is weird, because I was at the game and Quinn Hughes was the best player on the ice by a mile.
Hockey is incredibly unsuited to simple statistical accounts of how a certain player affects the outcome of games. This stuff started in baseball, which is highly amenable to prediction and statistic analysis, especially hitting -- you can literally track where, how hard and how often players hit balls. Events in hockey are way more ambiguous and have way more complex antecedent causes than a pitch being thrown.

I was pretty close to ice level last night for the first time this season. Hughes and Pettersson are just clearly the best players on the team. In particular, Hughes preserves the team's presence in the offensive zone constantly with his skill and quick thinking.
I'm not a big fan of analytics either, however a lot of Ranger fans who bashed Kravtsov were big fans of analytics so they're useful in those arguments citing that Kravtsov had some of the best analytics on our team, and absolutely miles ahead of Laf & Kakko.

What did you think of Krav last night?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A nice debut for Kravtov on a line with Podkolzin......maybe they can draft or sign a Russian center to play with them.

Strange days for the Canucks though. For years they hardly had a Russian player in the lineup, and the few they did bring in, just didn't work out. Now Vancouver seems to be something of a favored destination.

Time to double back with Todd Diamond and Nikita Tryamkin?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Half an AHL lineup well if you include Boeser hes ahl level now and a d that has what 2 nhl bottom pair guys give the players some respect they dont give in easy what coach makes that look close to good?
So you need to coach Boston’s roster to be a good coach?

Makes sense

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
So you need to coach Boston’s roster to be a good coach?

Makes sense
Find a coach who gets the present roster to win like Boston the point is this version of canucks isnt a full NHL lineup at this time .

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I'm not a big fan of analytics either, however a lot of Ranger fans who bashed Kravtsov were big fans of analytics so they're useful in those arguments citing that Kravtsov had some of the best analytics on our team, and absolutely miles ahead of Laf & Kakko.

What did you think of Krav last night?
He was smooth with the puck when I noticed him. He didn't create much on his own or find paths to the net with the puck, but neither did any other forward apart from Pettersson and occasionally Miller.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
He was smooth with the puck when I noticed him. He didn't create much on his own or find paths to the net with the puck, but neither did any other forward apart from Pettersson and occasionally Miller.
My big memory of Miller yesterday was him allowing Jared Spurgeon to push him to the outside.
Miller 6 foot 1 inch 218 lb
Spurgeon 5 foot 9 inches and 166 lbs.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
My dyslectic brain sees the green tag, and the Wild Canucks in the title, then the Boeser and more then once today I have processed that as a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad