Wild Collegiate propects honored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2002
2 Minnesota prospects were honored recently. Defenseman Matt Carle was named WCHA defenseman of the year AND player of the year, 1st time a player has won both. Carle was also named to the list of 10 for the Hobey Baker Award.

Boston University Freshman Brandon Yip was named Rookie of the Year in the Big East. (Though fellow Wild prospect Goalie Ben Bishop may have deserved it)

Mar 1, 2002
Well, it seems that along with the prospects being honored, Minnesota had 2 players named to the All-Star team. Ya know, the present. How many Oilers? None? Really?

Edmonton has a 3 point lead. The Wild will host (and sweep) the Oilers in two more games the rest of the year. Not terribly worried about the division.

Pandastyle

It's a 4 point lead now. :)

I'd also like to mention that the Oilers have the best goal-differential in the West, having scored 72 more goals than allowed. This is also currently the best in the HFNHL, but with Boston at 71 and with a game in hand I don't expect it to stay that way.

Though I'd hate to lose 2 in Minnesota, I can't say I'd be terribly disappointed. I'm currently leading the series 3-0-1. So even if you sweep the remainder of our games I still win, but who's keeping track (except me, of course).

Mar 1, 2002
With Sundin and Yanic out for 7-14 days, I'm screwed....it's probably yours. (of course I have games in 3 straight days....no rest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->