Claimed off Waivers: Wild claim Anthony Bitetto

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
He tried to be more than he was, to keep his job in NSH, I think. That lead to some boneheaded plays, mostly carrying the puck stubbornly himself when he should have passed the puck, only to turn it over before the red line, sometimes already in the d-zone. If he didn't overdo it, he could be a regular 3rd pair pmd with some nastiness in his game.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He tried to be more than he was, to keep his job in NSH, I think. That lead to some boneheaded plays, mostly carrying the puck stubbornly himself when he should have passed the puck, only to turn it over before the red line, sometimes already in the d-zone. If he didn't overdo it, he could be a regular 3rd pair pmd with some nastiness in his game.

We already have one of those.

Reactions: rynryn

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Grew up on Long Island 1 town over. ( also 1 town over from McAvoy)

Hope he finds a spot with the wild.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Also hoping for the best for him. Not sure a healthy Wild team would ever have room for him, but I can see this as almost "pre-arranged" with Fenton to some extent. Hunt and Bitetto are almost like two sides of the same coin. Even if Bitetto never gets in a game he'll set a good example with his character and work ethic in practices and in the room in general.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
uh oh. who's out the door...and for what. all your former Perds are belong to us.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Makes me glad VGK got something for Hunt instead of losing him to waivers.
Although I doubt the Wild would have been able to claim both guys off waivers...

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think you know that Fenton was assistant GM of the preds, which I think everyone except you would probably agree with the "his guys" statement.

Your post deserves downvotes.

So the assistant GM runs the show and every player that comes and goes is the decision of the assistant GM. Because those are his guys, not the actual manager who does the moves and has final say on everything?

Lmao

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So the assistant GM runs the show and every player that comes and goes is the decision of the assistant GM. Because those are his guys, not the actual manager who does the moves and has final say on everything?

Lmao
"His guys" as in guys that he's familiar with, as opposed to "Fletcher's guys."

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

Lmao

Nobody said the assistant GM runs the show. But he should be familiar with the players on the team and in the system. Which in this case is why the "his guys" reference was made.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com

Lmao

I normally don't comment on this board, but this one of the strangest things I've ever seen anyone get stuck on in all my years here. Fenton was the GM of the Admirals where Bitetto spent two full seasons...he's also from Massachusetts, Bitetto went to Northeastern I think...there's a lot of familiarity there, given Bitetto's status in the organization when he was signed, there's about a 0% chance that Fenton didn't have a massive say in that, if not, total say.

Plus, Tony's a good guy in the room...

Reactions: nt3005

ref19

Oct 3, 2017

Lmao
Take a lap bud

Reactions: 2Pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad