Confirmed with Link: Wild Bill signed - 2 years @ $1 mil per

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Absolutely no reason he can't play higher up in the lineup, especially on that third line.

He got a 1-way multi-year deal, so I'm sure he's quite pleased.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Absolutely no reason he can't play higher up in the lineup, especially on that third line.

Hopefully that is the case. He played third line for most of the past year though, and the production for him and his linemates was disappointing. It's hopefully just growing pains. I'd prefer if he starts on the fourth line (assuming Boll isn't on the line) and gets more minutes when he establishes a better production rate.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
happy with this deal...was expecting 1.5 per so to get that deal...great...

plus I don't have to worry anymore about my game worn jersey being obsolete! hahhaah

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hopefully that is the case. He played third line for most of the past year though, and the production for him and his linemates was disappointing. It's hopefully just growing pains. I'd prefer if he starts on the fourth line (assuming Boll isn't on the line) and gets more minutes when he establishes a better production rate.

So post all-star he was 5-6-11 in 31 games and a +11 averaging almost 15 minutes a night. Not in the least "disappointing". Average another point or two a month and he's over 30 points.

We have strange methods of analysis around here. For what was basically a first year pro, he really progressed as the year went along and did pretty well.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
The first time I read the deal, I thought he was making 2 million dollars a year, and I was like "slight overpayment".

But, I like the deal especially for 1 million a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad