Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
28hl65s.jpg

Result: Faceoff in Avs defensive zone.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
28hl65s.jpg

Result: Faceoff in Avs defensive zone.

So ridiculous. How can a professional referee just blow the whistle dead and give them an opportunity to tie the game with a minute to go after having 8 players on the ice?

What are the chances they'd do the same for the Avs with the lead? I'm guessing next to none.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They also blew the whistle dead for no reason just to review whether or not a goal was scored, right? I don't remember that ever happening before either.

Whatever the case, Avs got more than their fair share of power play opportunities. Legit calls, of course, but I'm reluctant to complain about the officiating last night. Some weird calls to be sure though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They also blew the whistle dead for no reason just to review whether or not a goal was scored, right? I don't remember that ever happening before either.

Whatever the case, Avs got more than their fair share of power play opportunities. Legit calls, of course, but I'm reluctant to complain about the officiating last night. Some weird calls to be sure though.

The officiating was fine up until that point. They called some soft ones both ways early, but that missed too many men just can't happen. What if they would have tied it? Complete unfair advantage that they would never have given the team with the lead.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So ridiculous. How can a professional referee just blow the whistle dead and give them an opportunity to tie the game with a minute to go after having 8 players on the ice?

What are the chances they'd do the same for the Avs with the lead? I'm guessing next to none.

The Avs had 7 skaters on the ice against Ottawa with 3:30 to go, and they scored a minute later to tie the game.
It happens both ways, but Minny's was more ridiculous, cause they blew the game dead to give a penalty which they then negated.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Avs had 7 skaters on the ice against Ottawa with 3:30 to go, and they scored a minute later to tie the game.
It happens both ways, but Minny's was more ridiculous, cause they blew the game dead to give a penalty which they then negated.

Except in that case the refs didn't see it. They clearly saw this one, and decided just to blow the whistle dead and not give a penalty. Very different IMO. They directly chose to influence the game.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I'm not even mad about them not calling too many men.

What pissed me off was them blowing the play dead, then bringing the faceoff into our own zone....wtf?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm not even mad about them not calling too many men.

What pissed me off was them blowing the play dead, then bringing the faceoff into our own zone....wtf?

Wait, they brought the faceoff into the Avs own zone as well on that play?

I remember last night after watching it, I literally screamed at my laptop, stopped watching the game and came here to post about the idiocy that I had just witnessed. When I went back to the game it was over....

That's absolutely ridiculous. Unacceptable on so many accounts. The Referee who conferred with the linesman after he blew the whistle should be fired. One of the worst things I've ever seen from a Referee. You simply cannot do that.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Except in that case the refs didn't see it. They clearly saw this one, and decided just to blow the whistle dead and not give a penalty. Very different IMO. They directly chose to influence the game.

Wasn't that basically what I said? I said the Minny one was much worse.
Oh well, still a horrible call.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
We have had games where, both ways, officiating as bordered on criminal ...
Dallas in one stretch our guy trips their player and then their layer tackles our guy dragging him down... Result.. NO CALL
my concern with that is a brawl of monumental perportion. I know this is not new to this year, but seems worse.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
O'Reilly - Duchene - MacKinnon

Team Canada 2018.

It's a very real possibility, and would be amazing. I made a bet with my buddy at the beginning of the season that O'Reilly would make Team Canada in the next Olympics at 5-1 odds.

How about Landeskog last night? Loved the passion and hate! He has been quietly great for us all year and has 18 points in his last 18 games. I have wanted him to play with more of an edge than he has been and let's hope he can continue it in the stretch run and playoffs. I really think he is getting fired up for all these important games coming up, which means good things for team Sweden.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
It's a very real possibility, and would be amazing. I made a bet with my buddy at the beginning of the season that O'Reilly would make Team Canada in the next Olympics at 5-1 odds.

How about Landeskog last night? Loved the passion and hate! He has been quietly great for us all year and has 18 points in his last 18 games. I have wanted him to play with more of an edge than he has been and let's hope he can continue it in the stretch run and playoffs. I really think he is getting fired up for all these important games coming up, which means good things for team Sweden.

So do you lose the bet if nhl players dont participate in the next Olympics? :sarcasm: or is it a wash?

And Landy was awesome. I'm right with you on him playing with an edge. He may have gone a little overboard when that guy bumped Varly and he got the 10 minute misconduct, but I still loved seeing that side from him.

The fact that Minnesota fans were *****ing about him the whole game was awesome too. He is one of those guys you hate playing against.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

He is going to be an absolute beast in the playoffs. He is going to turn it up to 11 and go Viking Mode the whole time. :yo:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't figure out what the deal was on that misconduct penalty. It's given to Guenin in the boxscore. Was it Landy's? What did Guenin do, he was just tied up with Cooke?

First nhl.com had it for Landeskog and Cookie, but they changed it to Guenin. I guess it might have been because they kept pushing each other after the refs told them to stop. You don't want skates moving around players on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad