GDT: Wild at Preds 16 January 2016 Gameday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't think people are saying that Hutton should be our starting goalie for good just ride his hot hand for a few games and give Rinne some time to clear his head and figure our what he is doing wrong and maybe light a fire under him to get back in. We need to win games. The time for stroking egos is over. You put in the most effective players. If Rinne starts then he should be on a short leash. Lavy should have pulled him in the jets game after the 3rd goal. Now that Hutton is playing well he maybe willing to pull Rinne earlier. If Hutton starts and is looking bad then you put Rinne in.

Agreed 100%.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I don't recall Hutton getting a second start in a row after shutting down Pitt last year on the road.

Edit: Hutton did start the next game, but this was during Pekka's injury.

Also this...

Fair enough. I think he's noncommittal at this point which is fine. He's got an interesting decision to make that's for sure.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
I don't think people are saying that Hutton should be our starting goalie for good just ride his hot hand for a few games and give Rinne some time to clear his head and figure our what he is doing wrong and maybe light a fire under him to get back in. We need to win games. The time for stroking egos is over. You put in the most effective players. If Rinne starts then he should be on a short leash. Lavy should have pulled him in the jets game after the 3rd goal. Now that Hutton is playing well he maybe willing to pull Rinne earlier. If Hutton starts and is looking bad then you put Rinne in.

All is good with this scenario , no question about it.
Rinne needs time to correct his flaws.
With NHL goaltenders who start to become ineffective you want that backup to come in and play at least a few games so it really sinks in that they need to smarten up .
No one knows what is going on with his personal life. The guy is in his 30's , unmarried, his mind , his focus, might be shifting.
This AllStar gig coming up is another matter , what it does to goaltenders groins .
Might help to distract him ,in a good way, hard to say.
Can't say enough about Carter coming in and doing what he did.
Might be the biggest turning point of the season.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There were a couple of moments where we were honestly just lucky that the puck didn't go in, but on the whole Hutton did a very good job--and more importantly the TEAM did a good job taking care of him. Glad he got the shutout, even happier that no one on their team got to add to their points. They're hand in hand, of course, but yeah, well, you know.

Fun game last night. Desperately needed a little bit of that after the past few games.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
There were a couple of moments where we were honestly just lucky that the puck didn't go in, but on the whole Hutton did a very good job--and more importantly the TEAM did a good job taking care of him. Glad he got the shutout, even happier that no one on their team got to add to their points. They're hand in hand, of course, but yeah, well, you know.

Fun game last night. Desperately needed a little bit of that after the past few games.

Also more importantly they were shutout two nights in a row.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I almost forgot what it's like to beat a division rival...

ic_c3a373dfaf22553996440877083574d5.jpg

And good lord I was inebriated for this one; too much football / happy hour(s) earlier in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce