News Article: WIKSTRAND?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Loved him in juniors, was disappointed he got suspended.

Would like to see if he can become a player for us, his biggest trait is his hockey sense, could be a good player if given a chance.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
'I still have the dream to play in the NHL' — Swedish defenceman Wikstrand says Senators have contacted him

“They’ve started to open up a bit. I guess they are a little bit more positive after I got to play in the Olympics and had a good season (in Farjestad)," Wikstrand told Ekberg. “I still have the dream to play in the NHL. Maybe I need to sit down with the club and talk, show them I really want it. And from their side, that they would give me a second chance after being punished (suspended). Then of course, I’d be willing to give it a new shot,” said the 24-year old.

The Karlstad native is two years into a four-year deal with Farjestad, which reportedly doesn’t have an out clause.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Honestly is he even any good (actual q, don’t know much about him)? I feel like we’ve been dealing with this forever, is it worth it?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Honestly is he even any good? I feel like we’ve been dealing with this forever, is it worth it?
if its not a complete headache, then yeah its worth dealing with. but I guess we will only know if its a headache after we have dealt with it lol

Reactions: Smeddy

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Can't see the Senators giving him the one-way deal he would want to cross the pond.
Can't see any team doing that honestly.

If you read the article hes quoted saying "maybe its time i sit down with them and have a real long talk" or something like that.

The only way i see it is if he meets with pierre, takes a lot of responsibility for how things soured, and says he's willing to spend the time in belleville needed to make the NHL. I don't see why dorions wouldn't sign him to a 2-way deal if wikstrand is all for it.

I do wonder if they did talk and agree, if it would be a 2 year deal with the first being a 2-way and the second being 1-way guaranteeing him some money even if he plays in the AHL. I wouldn't agree with guaranteeing a 1-way year in there but that seems like something ottawa would do.

All that being said, count me in the group that says, is he even good enough?? Is this worth it for some guy who's never shown anything special in the limited viewings in north america nor has ever dominated overseas, and is already 24?(25 early next season)

The only way i touch him is if he's willing to take a multiple 2-way deal and be a normal prospect trying to make the team. Not as a guy who will piss and moan in the AHL because he thinks he deserves to be in the NHL. If he's just gonna be ungrateful then i don't want him coming to camp at all. Trade his rights, or just let him be a ufa and move on.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Can't see any team doing that honestly.

If you read the article hes quoted saying "maybe its time i sit down with them and have a real long talk" or something like that.

The only way i see it is if he meets with pierre, takes a lot of responsibility for how things soured, and says he's willing to spend the time in belleville needed to make the NHL. I don't see why dorions wouldn't sign him to a 2-way deal if wikstrand is all for it.

I do wonder if they did talk and agree, if it would be a 2 year deal with the first being a 2-way and the second being 1-way guaranteeing him some money even if he plays in the AHL. I wouldn't agree with guaranteeing a 1-way year in there but that seems like something ottawa would do.

All that being said, count me in the group that says, is he even good enough?? Is this worth it for some guy who's never shown anything special in the limited viewings in north america nor has ever dominated overseas, and is already 24?(25 early next season)

The only way i touch him is if he's willing to take a multiple 2-way deal and be a normal prospect trying to make the team. Not as a guy who will piss and moan in the AHL because he thinks he deserves to be in the NHL. If he's just gonna be ungrateful then i don't want him coming to camp at all. Trade his rights, or just let him be a ufa and move on.
If he's serious and if Ottawa thinks he's capable of playing in the NHL I'd give him another chance. I honestly never hold any ill will towards foreign players who want to play in their own country. It's easy to get high and mighty about it as Canadians, but I totally understand how hard it is to move across the world and be away from your family in a completely different culture.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
If he's serious and if Ottawa thinks he's capable of playing in the NHL I'd give him another chance. I honestly never hold any ill will towards foreign players who want to play in their own country. It's easy to get high and mighty about it as Canadians, but I totally understand how hard it is to move across the world and be away from your family in a completely different culture.

For sure. He has to come in with no demands or any promises. A 2 yr, 2-way deal and him not trying to jet back to sweden would be fine with dorion im sure. At the very least it helps our AHL team for a couple years.

Reactions: Smeddy

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
61426557.jpg

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad