Why will you be a fan, and how much of a fan will you be?

LDNKnights82

Jul 18, 2016
London ON
Who are you currently a fan of?: Canucks ( since Blades of Steel)

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Aquilini brothers, Dave Nonis, Mike Gillis, Jim Benning, Patrick White, Jordan Schroeder, Nicklas Jensen, Brendan Gaunce and the lack of arena atmosphere

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Well see how the next few weeks go as far as the logo and jerseys go but im going to follow their progress and cheer for them against everyone except the canucks ( for now)

Last edited:

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Its quite possible I adopt Las Vegas as my Western Conference team. Living on the west coast I tend to spend much more time watching the Western Conference anyway so it make sense to support one of the teams. I liked that they chose McPhee to start the ball rolling, I was worried they would choose a less patient GM which would have been disastrous. The players they start with will be unspectacular so the choice of coach and the playing style employed will be a factor. If it's a smothering defensive system I'll have a hard time backing it.

Prior to Vegas getting this team I had grown tired of the rapid expansion and never really got into any of those teams. There's been a nice break from those days so this time I'm kind of looking forward to a new team.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
For me its incredible stupid to be a fan any ****ing club, I watch clubs hockey only becouse of game, but if evrybody would think the same game probably would be not so interested

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
For me its incredible stupid to be a fan any ****ing club, I watch clubs hockey only becouse of game, but if evrybody would think the same game probably would be not so interested

Well, that's my policy(minus the stupid part) when watching the WHL and I don't find it any better or worse than having a favorite team.
To each their own.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Well, that's my policy(minus the stupid part) when watching the WHL and I don't find it any better or worse than having a favorite team.
To each their own.

Its not stupid I mean I just not get sense of it. If we talk about international teams its have sense to be a fan, but hockey clubs is formed by players from different places, if it would be only players who was born in that places where those clubs are it would made more sense for me to be a fan of some club

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Who are you currently a fan of? Coyotes.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas? It'll be fun and exciting to follow a brand new team, and I'm generally supportive of other teams in non-traditional markets, except the Kings.

How much of a fan will you be? Very likely to replace the Habs as my second-favorite team. I'm still heartbroken over the Subban trade. The Sharks might give them a run for 2nd place though.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I'm a fan of the Jets.

I generally have "second teams" based on cheering for ex-Jets.

I would like to bring my wife to Las Vegas, and watch a game. If the Jets aren't playing you, I would be happy to cheer for the Las Vegas *******.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
1:
0eb750e2e8b4b97fbdbedfaa2901c058.jpg

2:
I live here now and am starved for live hockey.
3:
I'm getting season tickets, they'll definitely be my favorite Western Conference team (I've never really even had a 2nd favorite team before,) but I will always bleed red and black.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Who are you currently a fan of? Panthers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas? I'll be retiring from the Air Force within the year and moving back to Vegas where I have a home.

How much of a fan will you be? I will always be a Panthers fan first no matter what. I've been with the Panthers since day one and that will never change, as I follow the team religiously. But Vegas will be my second team and I picked up five years worth of season tickets so I'm definitely invested in the Vegas team.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
I am a Sharks fan, and an original STH at the Cow Palace.

I would suggest to any and all who will be STH to try your very best to attend every game the first season.

Have some patience, have some fun, and you will have your memories and milestones.

I would be happy to see the club do well, hopefully at the expense of the Ducks and Kings.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Honestly, I was an avid Avs fan, but have found the community to be rather set in their ways, narrow minded & quite "this is how I feel, and if you don't, you're wrong".

Years past, Avs communities were a very welcoming, open, respectful one, where you could share opinions and ideas.

Nowadays, your told you have absolutely "no idea" if you suggest something that doesn't conform.

That, on top of Avs poor form (not really a reason to leave), but also their arrogance with how they treat fans both as a club, and on an individual level has me seeking something new to re-enthuse me about the sport (which I loved only 3-4 years ago).

I know that may paint me as a bad fan, but you have to enjoy something to be passionate about something.

Watching Avs is uninspiring. The worst part though, is coming onto social media, voicing that frustration, then having a community that makes you feel like rubbish for it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who are you currently a fan of?: Calgary Flames

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'd say I will be more of an interested observer. I am very curious to see how hockey in Vegas works.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Likely very casual. I would never....... I bleed a C of Red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad