Why will you be a fan, and how much of a fan will you be?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Hopefully you cashed out. We've been through one of those down here, not to Vancouver levels though. When my friends were buying their houses they were getting turned down with offers $50,000 (or about 20%) over asking. That kind of thing can't last forever.

We have places going for 1-1.5 million over asking, a lot of my friends are talking about leaving.

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
New Fans of LV

Out of curiosity, all fans from Vegas, which team do do you cheer for? Or maybe ill change it to 'which team did you" cheer for. Since Vegas will be your team.

Or are many of you going to pull the ol Leaf fans in Ottawa type deal "I been cheering for the Leafs, I dont care that Ottawa got a team"

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Who are you currently a fan of?: Habs.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I have a sense of humor.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: No.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Despite living in Southern California, I am originally from Pittsburgh and spent my first quarter century or so following sports teams in Pittsburgh, frequently seeing games live. It was too difficult to check out games of the Pittsburgh sports teams out here near Los Angeles. Until this year, no NFL team had been recently in LA. The Pirates had been weak and Dodger Stadium is always a gamble. I've checked out a few games of the LA kings and the Anaheim Ducks, but the traffic can be insane.

I was lucky enough to follow the Penguins in the early 80s (before Lemieux) and it was exciting to see the team develop and later become a Stanley Cup winner. I would love to see the Las Vegas team develop into a real contender.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I go to Las Vegas at least 6-7 times a year. I'd love to see several games in Las Vegas each season, including against the Penguins and against old rivals (for me) like the Flyers and the Rangers as well as new rivals such as the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks.

It is easy to have two favorite teams from different conferences. I don't see those teams (Penguins and Las Vegas) matching up in the Stanley Cup any time soon.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Who are you currently a fan of?: The Edmonton ^%#$%# Oilers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I need a fresh start. I love Las Vegas. I was absolutely enthralled by the San Jose Sharks in 1991, and for many years afterwards until school ended and work took up too much time. I plan to have a second residence in the area within the next five years. My wife doesn't know yet :laugh:

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Pretty big. The Hall trade was the last straw. Anything is better than an incompetent franchise that makes a point of ripping your heart out of your chest every five years. I'll always have the 80s dynasty, but this Oilers team isn't mine.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Despite living in Southern California, I am originally from Pittsburgh and spent my first quarter century or so following sports teams in Pittsburgh, frequently seeing games live. It was too difficult to check out games of the Pittsburgh sports teams out here near Los Angeles. Until this year, no NFL team had been recently in LA. The Pirates had been weak and Dodger Stadium is always a gamble. I've checked out a few games of the LA kings and the Anaheim Ducks, but the traffic can be insane.

I was lucky enough to follow the Penguins in the early 80s (before Lemieux) and it was exciting to see the team develop and later become a Stanley Cup winner. I would love to see the Las Vegas team develop into a real contender.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I go to Las Vegas at least 6-7 times a year. I'd love to see several games in Las Vegas each season, including against the Penguins and against old rivals (for me) like the Flyers and the Rangers as well as new rivals such as the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks.

It is easy to have two favorite teams from different conferences. I don't see those teams (Penguins and Las Vegas) matching up in the Stanley Cup any time soon.

oh hey welcome to hfboards :nod:

also lmao at all the oilers fans who are trying to escape the pain.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Who are you currently a fan of?:
No particular team. Followed The NHL on and off since 1993. Living in Europe it was difficult to find games to watch and in the beginning I mostly followed countrymen in various teams. Over the years I've had sympathies for the Stars, the Jets and the Red Wings. My folks live in California and I've been to games at Honda Center and Staples but never really found my team.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: When Atlanta,Minnesota and Columbus entered, I didn't really follow the NHL. My interest in NHL hockey was revitalized after the 04-05 lockout. LV will be a chance to get a fresh start, to be a fan from day one and stick to them. Going to Las Vegas tomorrow to check it out for the first time.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: 100% LV, no going back. Never switched teams in other sports. This will be the reboot. I will try and watch as many games as possible, buy unhealthy amounts of merch and be an active poster on the board.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Who are you currently a fan of?:
No particular team. Followed The NHL on and off since 1993. Living in Europe it was difficult to find games to watch and in the beginning I mostly followed countrymen in various teams. Over the years I've had sympathies for the Stars, the Jets and the Red Wings. My folks live in California and I've been to games at Honda Center and Staples but never really found my team.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: When Atlanta,Minnesota and Columbus entered, I didn't really follow the NHL. My interest in NHL hockey was revitalized after the 04-05 lockout. LV will be a chance to get a fresh start, to be a fan from day one and stick to them. Going to Las Vegas tomorrow to check it out for the first time.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: 100% LV, no going back. Never switched teams in other sports. This will be the reboot. I will try and watch as many games as possible, buy unhealthy amounts of merch and be an active poster on the board.

Well, welcome to the crew. Did I read it correctly that you're coming here tomorrow?

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Well, welcome to the crew. Did I read it correctly that you're coming here tomorrow?

Yeah, Road Trip to Grand Canyon via Las Vegas. Will stay at the Luxor (I dunno just liked the idea of spending a night in a pyramid).

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yeah, Road Trip to Grand Canyon via Las Vegas. Will stay at the Luxor (I dunno just liked the idea of spending a night in a pyramid).

Got it. I assumed you were in Stockholm, ignored the LA part. :laugh: When I thought you were taking a 10 hour international flight to check Vegas out I was amazed. :laugh:

Luxor isn't bad. A little far south and pretty dated now, but you are staying in a pyramid. Hope you enjoy your time.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I still have yet to stay at the Luxor. I've only been inside it like twice, and once was to touch the Stanley Cup

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I still have yet to stay at the Luxor. I've only been inside it like twice, and once was to touch the Stanley Cup

That's one thing I've never done. I've been with it a few times, never got to touch it.

Hoisting the cup is on my list of fun life goals. Strangely enough, probably the only sports related one on my list.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I refuse to touch the Stanley Cup. Unlike that other "big fondue pot", I want my team to win it before I even think about touching it.

If I'm ever close enough to get to hoist it (without doing some psycho snatch and grab thing) I imagine I'm cool with someone that will let that happen, and thus be okay in doing it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Who are you currently a fan of?: LA Kings, but only superficially.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Because I am LA born, Vegas bred and when I die, I'll be Vegas dead.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be heavily emotionally invested. The Kings are now rivals, so they are dead to me (until my beloved team is eliminated).

Who are you currently a fan of?: LA Kings

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Visited Las Vegas a few times, it's a pretty cool city.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'll root for Las Vegas unless they're playing the Kings. GKG 'till I die baby!

This is literally identical to Devils/Rangers in a way. I love it. :laugh:

I'll root for you guys to come out of the West some day.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Who are you currently a fan of?: Sharks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Slowly dying without hockey, its a godsend the NHL and The Creator finally answers our prayers!

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Season tickets, good enough? I won't leave the Sharks though, the Knights will be my second team.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Just stayed at the Luxor. It's a nice easy walk to the arena. But the hotel is dated and I probably will never be back after the workers pissed me off a couple of times. Also, the elevators aren't as cool as I'd thought they'd be haha

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's one thing I've never done. I've been with it a few times, never got to touch it.

Hoisting the cup is on my list of fun life goals. Strangely enough, probably the only sports related one on my list.

Unfortunately it was a Kings owned cup.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Unfortunately it was a Kings owned cup.

I thought I had an in with one of the guys at Wirtz Nevada for the 2015 cup. Did not happen though.

Closest I've ever gotten outside of taking my picture with it a couple times.

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
Who are you currently a fan of?: Jets

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm a young hockey fan and this is the first expansion team I have every experienced myself. I think it will be cool to follow them as they work through expansion.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be a casual observer and supporter of them as an expansion franchise but I will not leave my old team.

Same but Avs for me

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I'm actually very excited for this team. I plan on making it my #3 team as my two others are cities I've lived in. But this will be an exciting experience to be here from the start. Already anticipating my next jersey!

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Who are you currently a fan of?: Jets

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm a fan of the new fans....Congrats on getting a team guys!

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Will never, ever, ever, ever, ever leave my current team....the Jets are everything to me. I only follow the NHL because they exist. I hope that Vegas fans never "leave" their team either and embrace their new team, and stay loyal to their team no matter what, ups and downs alike! I will root for Vegas to be a successful market, I will (finally) visit Vegas one day, I hope to meet some awesome Vegas fans, and I will root for the Jets when I watch a game there. I bleed Jets but I have the utmost respect for passionate hockey fans no matter which team they follow, no matter which league they prefer to watch, and I will have much respect for those in Vegas who embrace this team! Best wishes guys...here's hoping the market embraces the team; you hardcore guys will be the most important fans...the foundation.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Who are you currently a fan of?: Anaheim

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I became an NHL fan after the '05 lockout so expansion is new to me. It's really, really exciting... aside from the thought of losing a good player in the expansion draft. I go to Vegas several times a year.

How much of a fan will you be? I plan on following them very closely. I'll catch every nationally broadcast game. I'll go to two or three home games a year. Regardless of the name/color/looks, I will be buying a jersey. As they say in Vegas, I'm all in.

Will you leave your old team?: Not a chance in hell. Ducks fly together. Ducks die together. Anaheim is and will always be my #1 team. I completely obsessed with my team. Vegas won't change that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought I had an in with one of the guys at Wirtz Nevada for the 2015 cup. Did not happen though.

Closest I've ever gotten outside of taking my picture with it a couple times.

I got a close up pic of Crosby walking it down the NHL awards red carpet, then they took it from him so he could sign a few autographs. He only signed like 5 before getting called to an interview. I was one of those 5. I was so hype. Every year I can remember Crosby never walked the red carpet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->