Why wasn't Ryder re-signed?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He quit on the team down the stretch and in the playoffs and showed no intention of wanting to play here.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He started well but was pretty soft down the stretch and disappeared in the playoffs.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Completely disappeared in the playoffs, so they signed a proven playoff performer instead (Briere).

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Yea that's true. I forgot about the signing of briere

That was sarcasm, by the way.

I, for one, would prefer having Ryder on this team. Not only is he bigger, but he's proven to be a much better player the past couple of season than Brière. I know the latest can step-up in the playoffs, but what's the point if you do jack during the regular season, as he's done so far?

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Maybe Ryder didn't wanna. I always felt he never wanted to play here when he came back.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Therrien demoted Ryder to the 3rd line off of the Pleks line when they were the top scoring line. Therrien replaced Ryder with Bourque.

Mutual disgust from Ryder and Therrien.

Its a shame. The guy could score goals. Therrien's biggest screw-up since coming back.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
Therrien demoted Ryder to the 3rd line off of the Pleks line when they were the top scoring line. Therrien replaced Ryder with Bourque.

Its a shame. The guy could score goals. Therrien's biggest screw-up since coming back.

Quoted for truth.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Yeah he started playing with Galchenyuk and Eller? How is that a bad thing? Pleks line could have been considered as 2nd or 3rd on some nights.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Ryder rack up most of his point when it doesn't count totally disapear down the strech and in the playoff, lack speed, physical play and doesn't create any space for is teamate and he need a GPS to find the defensive zone.
Ryder didn't have a great attitude and didn't want to play in MTL he even skip on the last day

Although I really didn't approve of Briere I think he is better than Ryder, even if it just to get the media off MB back

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Ryder rack up most of his point when it doesn't count totally disapear down the strech and in the playoff, lack speed, physical play and doesn't create any space for is teamate and he need a GPS to find the defensive zone.
Ryder didn't have a great attitude and didn't want to play in MTL he even skip on the last day

Although I really didn't approve of Briere I think he is better than Ryder, even if it just to get the media off MB back

I would say Ryder is the better player, and younger. Briere so far has looked lost and invisible.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Because they had a chance to land a french canadian superstar. Don't you appreciate that? Briere is amazing, worth every penny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad