Why was NWHL added to the header of this section?

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
This women's league has yet to play a game and has currently signed one player, and has generated perhaps one thread, yet it gains a headlining spot over other, more deserving leagues like the FHL (admit it... its a guilty pleasure for us all), which has generated, for better or worse numerous threads. Or if we want to diversify to include womens' pro hockey why not embrace the already established CWHL, whose teams are stocked by Olympians and play for the relatively prestigious Clarkson Cup? Anyway that's my two cents about thatm as it has been nagging me since I saw the change.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I thought it was odd also. Nothing against the NWHL, but "ECHL, SPHL, FHL, and other minor pro leagues" seems like a more natural description.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I think HFBoards needs a women's section with four subforums

- CWHL, NWHL, and other Women's Pro
- NCAA, CIS, and other Women's College
- Women's National Teams/International Hockey
- Women's High School and other Women's Amateur

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
League will be the female equivelant of the FHL I bet.

Oh, you mean the league where one man can own three teams? Not this league...there's only 4 teams. (And the league owns all of them.)

And I agree with other posters; let's have a dedicated section for women's hockey. (Which I think will be coming at some point.)

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Oh, you mean the league where one man can own three teams? Not this league...there's only 4 teams. (And the league owns all of them.)

And I agree with other posters; let's have a dedicated section for women's hockey. (Which I think will be coming at some point.)

Oh okay let's go further...the old AAHL and won't even last a full season. That's actually a safer bet.

jameswrjobe53

Jul 11, 2010
ODU, Norfolk, VA
docs.google.com

They have 7 now, I believe. And that guy now has 4 teams. They league will probably have 3 by the end of the season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad