Why was Jordan Weal drafted in the 3rd round?

arsmaster*

I've already acknowledged I haven't seem him a lot so why would you continue to bring him up?

You're backtracking now too, look at your first post, you said why would LA sign him if he wasn't going to be a solid player. Thats absurd. Signing an ELC =/= solid player.

Of course I haven't seen him live. I saw him during the 3 Brandon-Regina games in Feb, maybe March, can't remember when they were. An before you say 3 games isn't enough, I already said I haven't seen him that much.

The irony is...your avatar is an undrafted player signed to an ELC.

That signing must have excited you, as the team you cheer for feels he is worth signing into the organization....similar to the signing of Weal by the Kings, although they used a draft pick on him.

skierdude

Nov 12, 2010
Anyone know why Myles Bell was left of team canada under 18 . he put up pretty good numbers with 45 pts this yr. played at the Ivan hlinka and won the hardest shot at the prospects game. Regina was a weak team this yr and he was top 15 in pts among all dmen in the whl. His draft rankings seem to be falling quickly. Any thoughts of where he will go in the draft.

Didnt see where he was ranked in the final iss rankings did you

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The irony is...your avatar is an undrafted player signed to an ELC.

That signing must have excited you, as the team you cheer for feels he is worth signing into the organization....similar to the signing of Weal by the Kings, although they used a draft pick on him.

I don't know anything about Dillon, he was just on of Texas's players who didn't already have an avatar made up for someone and our guy who watches AHL games said he was playing great so I picked him.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I've already acknowledged I haven't seem him a lot so why would you continue to bring him up?

You're backtracking now too, look at your first post, you said why would LA sign him if he wasn't going to be a solid player. Thats absurd. Signing an ELC =/= solid player.

Of course I haven't seen him live. I saw him during the 3 Brandon-Regina games in Feb, maybe March, can't remember when they were. An before you say 3 games isn't enough, I already said I haven't seen him that much.

Well I just wanted to know exactly how much you had seen. Nothing wrong with me asking.

People on here complain about others all the time and how they form opinions based off nothing, stats and nothing more. I wanted to know how many times you have seen the kid play to see if you really are in any position at all to judge him.

arsmaster*

Didnt see where he was ranked in the final iss rankings did you

no but when you open up hfboards, there is an article for the april ISS rankings....Bell is the only player "falling" on that list, but I basically summed up what their concerns were.

Falling

Myles Bell, D, Regina Pats
The powerful and intense defender was left on the Canadian U18 team as there are concerns over his decision making with the puck. There is no denying his skill but Bell has shown that he wants the puck and he wants to rush it as much as possible. Most scouts believe Bell is better suited as hardnosed physical defender who can provide some secondary offense but Bell has not shown that he is willing to fall into this role. The potential for Bell is off the charts and if he can continue to develop he can still be the player that he wants to be but right now that little bit of risky behavior has some teams distancing themselves

I do wonder about those articles though, as the commentary on Sproul said Hamilton in the 2nd sentence.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Well I just wanted to know exactly how much you had seen. Nothing wrong with me asking.

People on here complain about others all the time and how they form opinions based off nothing, stats and nothing more. I wanted to know how many times you have seen the kid play to see if you really are in any position at all to judge him.

You can form opinions on players without having seen then that much. Taking opinons from others and other things. Scouts do that all the time for players they haven't seen that much when they make their lists.

Weal actually played well in the games I saw him. I think he scored in all the games and seemed like Reginas best player. Doesn't mean I think hes going to do anything in the NHL.

Schenn Him

Mar 19, 2008
SK
thehamiltonian.wordpress.com
Watching Weal this year, I think he will be an NHLer. I would say the Kings got a steal. I think if you can get an NHLer out of a third round pick, its a steal. I am not sure the teams that didn't take him made a mistake, because there were definite question marks about him heading into the draft.

He's a good, borderline very good skater. He's fast and quick. He's a small guy, but he doesn't shy away from the rough areas of the ice. Even with all that, and playing in the WHL - he doesn't seem to get hit really hard a lot. He rolls off a lot of checks.

Excellent shot, very good vision. He was a third rounder because there were questions about him. He's small (that hasn't changed), and he played with one of the best players in the league (he put up the numbers himself this year, with what could charitably be described as "average" linemates).

He's improved significantly since last season, as well. Whether that was an issue of being deferential to Eberle when he was on the ice, or just development, I am not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad