why the lack of respect?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Just think, a 5 game winning streak is longer than most teams will have this season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just think, a 5 game winning streak is longer than most teams will have this season.

Hopefully that won't be our longest or only 5 game winning streak.

Remember when the AVs would always get on that January roll and reel out like 10 consecutive wins. That was when Foppa, Sakic and Roy would just flick the switch and the team would start separating themselves from the rest of the pack. Good teams do that. They know it's a long season and know when you have to kick it into gear to start a long playoffs run. I can't wait to see this team begin to act like that.

That being said, I'm having a ball watching them win and am not really expecting much other than continued growth and a willingness and ability to correct deficiencies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I remember long ago the Sabres started the season 3-0, they followed that up with 10 straight losses.:laugh:

NVM it was actually 2-0

Last edited:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
one other thing that I find interesting is how well we do in the east...
and looking at the new format schedule we hardly play the teams in the west... strange not playing so many games in the west... and maybe the silver lining...
what do people think for the first ten games...
7-3 8-2 9-1 10-0
not a poll but vote now
anyone saying worse must not be a fan
LOL
go avs....
my vote 9-1

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
It's only been 5 games. By reading the Avs section you would think we just won the cup, Duchene is a top 5 player in the league, Mackinnon is going to be the best player since Crosby and Varly is a top 5 goalie in the league. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't see that at all. Sure this fanbase is pretty high on its players but there is plenty of critique. Today a discussion on how the lines can be better. Griping about the PP. Still wary about the defense. Some people still don't think Landy should be the captain and people frustrated he and Stastny are not scoring. It's that generalization about the Avs fanbase that makes us look like idiots, not the comments that actually are made. Not one fan even thinks this start is good enough to make the playoffs let alone any delusions about contending.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I don't see that at all. Sure this fanbase is pretty high on its players but there is plenty of critique. Today a discussion on how the lines can be better. Griping about the PP. Still wary about the defense. Some people still don't think Landy should be the captain and people frustrated he and Stastny are not scoring. It's that generalization about the Avs fanbase that makes us look like idiots, not the comments that actually are made. Not one fan even thinks this start is good enough to make the playoffs let alone any delusions about contending.

Yea, I don't see it either. Plenty of critique to go around.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think this board has been drowning in self-pity and pessimism for so long that even cautious optimism might seem like fans are getting ahead of themselves.

Good start, but no reason to expect anything more than the 7th-10th finish in the West many here predicted.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
It's only been 5 games. By reading the Avs section you would think we just won the cup, Duchene is a top 5 player in the league, Mackinnon is going to be the best player since Crosby and Varly is a top 5 goalie in the league. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

I have not seen one comment even remotely suggesting any of those things...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
babcock on roy

“I know nothing about him as a coach, I just know he was an elite, elite goaltender, very competitive guy,’’ Babcock said. “Obviously went back and learned to coach by being in major juniors.

“He’s already got the 20 years of pro (experience) and he knows the nuances and all that. And when you coach good players you get to be a better coach.’’

and on avs

“They look like they go very fast,’’ Babcock said. “Two years ago, they skated us, flat-out skated. Then they got a bunch of injuries last year and this year they got more guys again and keep adding good players. The kid there (MacKinnon) looks like he’s going to be a star very quickly. They got a good-looking team.’’

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think this board has been drowning in self-pity and pessimism for so long that even cautious optimism might seem like fans are getting ahead of themselves.

Good start, but no reason to expect anything more than the 7th-10th finish in the West many here predicted.

Reminds me of Craig Anderson's vezina trophy year :laugh:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

After couple of horrible season's winning 6 games in a row certainly feels like winning the Stanley Cup, It feels ALMOST as good as getting rid of Sacco, but just almost. :yo:

Why is it so wrong to celebrate when things are going well? I see nothing wrong with it. Enjoy while it lasts.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well, we lost to big red D, and then have played two interesting games...
both wins and in both there have been moments of glory and moments that where less so.
And
We are 8-1... Im wondering how badly the avs will be trashed tomorrow after humbling the Pens?

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
All too true

Well Duchene is playing like a top forward, Varly like a top goalie and Mackinnon has great hands and is the fastest player I have seen in a long time. Will they be tomorrow ?
Probably not to the extremes we are seeing, but why not them and why not now?
Could duchy get 100 points? Yes, but will he?
I'm targeting Varlie with a shutout, sad he did not get on Friday against cains.
And
Looks like my 9-1 prediction held true from Avs at 5-0 see above.
The games we floundered in past where against the bottom teams, so hopefully we can crush jets Sunday.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
I don't go to any other section of Hfboards due to the massive circlejerk this place seems to be.

Anybody posts a thread about who's the best X, Y or Z? the guy on my team is better than everybody ever and if anyone disagrees the fans from every team just band together to defend their guy.
OR it's a thread about the Avalanche where it's just a torrent of how we're lucky, we'll crash soon, we'll go bust quit the league and then become shoe shiners for the rest of the league.

I just don't understand why people just can't give credit where it's due, even in the Avs section it can be pretty bad with people complaining about the team/players being bad.

It's pretty tiresome, I end up reading maybe 1 thread then leaving.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I just don't understand why people just can't give credit where it's due, even in the Avs section it can be pretty bad with people complaining about the team/players being bad.

It's pretty tiresome, I end up reading maybe 1 thread then leaving.

People aren't complaining when they talk here about certain players playing poorly. We're being critical of them, that's the point of a forum, you know, to discuss stuff.

If we were all gumdrops and marshmallows all the time about the Avs here, frankly I would stop showing up as it would just get boring.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
People aren't complaining when they talk here about certain players playing poorly. We're being critical of them, that's the point of a forum, you know, to discuss stuff.

If we were all gumdrops and marshmallows all the time about the Avs here, frankly I would stop showing up as it would just get boring.

Yes I understand the point of a forum and that people are entitled to their opinion I thought maybe people would have enough common sense to get that.

I'm not talking about critiquing players I'm talking about the X is terrible why is he here type of bull. Many people are joking but there's just as many doom and gloomers!

Maybe I'm just tired of reading doom and gloom for 3+ years I thought things would be a bit more upbeat when we were top of the league!

Anyway carry on having your own opinions and I'll have mine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->