Why the hate on Burish?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's a decent penalty killer, and draws a lot of penalties for a 4th liner. He's not good offensively but tries. I haven't seen him make any glaring mistakes. Why the hate? Seems like an above average 4th liner.

Well, there's the whole he's not a decent penalty killer thing. Sure he draws a lot for a 4th liner but he's paid like a 3rd liner. And sports is not about trying...it's about doing. Burish doesn't do anything well enough to justify what he is making.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
-not really a good PKer. The coaches like to play up that angle but that's because they can't justify him in the lineup otherwise. He's actually not better than our other players if not worse.

-obvious cap hit and term. He was at one point our longest signed forward last year. DW got him day one of free agency and obviously overpaid for a product that didn't turn out like he had hoped.

-takes stupid penalties because he has temper issues and lets people get under his skin too easily.

-he draws penalties but is a classless player who fakes headshots and injuries to get them. Honestly the fake head injuries is the main reason why I dislike him. That should be inexcusable in this league and is making a joke of people who are trying to change the way the game is played and an insult to those who really did get hurt.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
-not really a good PKer. The coaches like to play up that angle but that's because they can't justify him in the lineup otherwise. He's actually not better than our other players if not worse.

-obvious cap hit and term. He was at one point our longest signed forward last year. DW got him day one of free agency and obviously overpaid for a product that didn't turn out like he had hoped.

-takes stupid penalties because he has temper issues and lets people get under his skin too easily.

-he draws penalties but is a classless player who fakes headshots and injuries to get them. Honestly the fake head injuries is the main reason why I dislike him. That should be inexcusable in this league and is making a joke of people who are trying to change the way the game is played and an insult to those who really did get hurt.

Basiccally what I came here to type. Meh PKer who the coaches have to play because of his horrendous cap hit and term and he dives and all that crap. Not an NHL forward, but he gets iced because of his contract.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Other players have shown promise in the preseason too but won't have a real chance to play because burish will eat up a roster spot. McCarthy is a better player for a standard fourth line role while adding more skill. Hamilton is a better two way player too. Neither will get a full time slot unless burish is buried, bought out, or traded.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Because he picked a filthy, disgusting number. I mean honestly, who the **** would pick the number 37? Are you kidding me Burish? :shakehead

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Since Burish is on a 1 way deal, can they even assign him to Worcester if they want to? Or is that not an option?

We seem to have a lot of youngsters who could potentially step into Burish's spot of the 4th line and are cheaper.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
tumblr_mdtgd3hLS91qh9dubo1_250.gif

Me ................... Burish

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's overpaid. He makes too much money. Relative to similar players, he makes more money. Too much money is spent on him. All of the above are reasons why we hate on him.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I happen to like Burish on this team. This is a really good team that has a lot of what it needs. Burish brings some attitude and grease. One can groan about what he makes but it's really not that much. Guess it has to be somebody. I don't subscribe to that hatred.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Since Burish is on a 1 way deal, can they even assign him to Worcester if they want to? Or is that not an option?

We seem to have a lot of youngsters who could potentially step into Burish's spot of the 4th line and are cheaper.

they could if they wanted, but he'd have to pass through waivers because of his NHL service time.

1 and 2 way contracts have nothing to do with whether or not you can go to the AHL or not. What they mean is whether or not you get a different (lower) salary while you're there.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Cap hit aside, after watching Burish all of last season I'm convinced he'd be just as effective if he played without a stick. The play just dies every time the puck gets to him.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Cap hit aside, after watching Burish all of last season I'm convinced he'd be just as effective if he played without a stick. The play just dies every time the puck gets to him.

Yep, he plays the puck like it's a hot potato, the guy is literally scared to have it on his stick and just turns it over.

One of the more useless players this team has given good money to.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Burish is a grossly overpaid, fringe NHLer, who has no business being a regular on one of the league's premier teams.

That said, Doug Wilson is at fault here. I can't blame an overpaid employee, when it's really the boss's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->