Why so many plugs?

usernamesteph

Jan 22, 2013
why do we have so many plugs every year?

its like we cant get enough and then sign a few more each offseason

boyle
moore
pyatt
powe
pouliot
asham - gone thank god

but seriously?

why did we sign moore?

how can you keep all these guys and expect to win?

PS
seems like ranger fans really love players like this so im sorry in advance if youre offended i called one of your favs a plug

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Poor drafting because of a **** GM and late finishes.

Those plugs don't exist on other teams because they have homegrown players to fill those spots.

We do have home grown guy or young players. Miller got 15 minutes tonight. He wasn't great, but nobody was. Pyatt getting anything more than 10,11 minutes has to stop. There are top 6 spots open. The organization want the youth to play top 6. Well it is here to play. Besides Richards, nobody has stood out in a good way. Hagelin, nash, and Cally are out. Do I think it is bad to yo yo the kids? Yes, but at the cost of winning? Kreider, Kristo, Hrivik, could be playing those minutes. Fast should move up too. 1 shift with Richie and Brass and drew a penalty. Then it was Pyatt and Zuke the rest of the night.

At some point, something needs to be dkne. These vets are not doing it. Do they get another month? 15 games until changes? Doubt Slats another and AV can keep this for much longer. This was unbearable as well. Teams are winning with youth and some vets. Let's make that move

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So far after 7 games these forwards have scored goals for us this season:

Richards-4
Callahan-3--now injured and out for a month.
Dorsett-1

These forwards have not scored any goals--Nash, Stepan, Brassard, Zuccarello, Pouliot, Boyle, Miller, Fast, Dominic Moore, Asham, Pyatt and Powe.

We've scored 11 times and given up 29.

Shuffle the lines however you like none of our lines are showing any kind of chemistry--at all.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
For this question, I think this is the best answer. When you're missing 3 top 6 players, you're going to have a lot of plugs playing in their places.

pretty much...with that said, i think the team has just played awful hockey since the opening puck drop of the preseason.

I just fail to see the creativity people have talked about, nor the puck possession game outside of a few games here and there...but honestly even the worst teams in the NHL will play some good games on nights when the opposition sucks.

what exactly is our system? it really just seems to be dump and chase hockey, more activation of the D, and man to man in the defensive zone....

man to man coverage is really hard to play..

honestly i prefer Torts' system to ours...fewer goals against, harder to play against, and, it wins.

still dont understand the firing.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
But most of the players that the OP listed would still be on the roster even if Cally, Hags, and Nash were healthy. Players like Pyatt and Pouliot are one-dimensional and practically useless if they aren't scoring. Good teams in this league are usually capable of developing their own multi-dimensional depth players. The Rangers have to go outside the organization to do so, and half the time they aren't even capable of fulfilling the role they were brought in to do.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The Rangers, so far, are having the kind of season that gets EVERYONE fired.

it's really amazing to watch to be honest...i'm not sure ive ever seen a Ranger team be this bad....

It's not just the coaching, its not just the offense...it's literally every facet of the game. offensively, defensively, neutral zone, goaltending, faceoffs, puck possession, aggression, heart, hitting, i can't think of a single aspects of the game we've excelled at.

we're slow, incompetent, unable to finish passes, unable to carry the puck, unable to make even the most simple of plays.

i seriously can not think of a team this bad in my lifetime. and the skill set just doesnt match up to the results. this is a playoff team. i'm not saying we should be shoe-ins to win the cup, but this team is certainly good enough to be a 4-6 seed in the playoffs.

right now, this is looking like a team that could get the #1 overall draft pick...it's been that bad.

Punxrocknyc19*

it's really amazing to watch to be honest...i'm not sure ive ever seen a Ranger team be this bad....

It's not just the coaching, its not just the offense...it's literally every facet of the game. offensively, defensively, neutral zone, goaltending, faceoffs, puck possession, aggression, heart, hitting, i can't think of a single aspects of the game we've excelled at.

we're slow, incompetent, unable to finish passes, unable to carry the puck, unable to make even the most simple of plays.

i seriously can not think of a team this bad in my lifetime. and the skill set just doesnt match up to the results. this is a playoff team. i'm not saying we should be shoe-ins to win the cup, but this team is certainly good enough to be a 4-6 seed in the playoffs.

right now, this is looking like a team that could get the #1 overall draft pick...it's been that bad.

i bet if the Rangers had the 1st overall pick, they would pick the one player to never play in the NHL :help:

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY

this i agree with 100%%

I know vertain posters like to pick aprt every player and say they stink....but we really should be one of the better teams in the east .....obv the injuries play a large part in our lack of skill up front for now but we should sttill be showing some heart....hell....youd think theyd try even harder with those guys out, and it seems to be the opposite !!!!

megamatt

Oct 19, 2013
And to think they could have had Damian Brunner, and Brad Boyes in place of Zucc, Pouliot, and Moore for about the same cost. Think about it, Boyle's cap hit plus Pyatt's cap hit=a decent 2nd or 3rd liner at 3.2 million per. Thank you Glen Sather.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad