Why Precisely Do Reinhart and Ristolainen Think Sabres Are Rebuilding & What's The Way Out Of This?

What's the way out of this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I don't honestly know what I'd do if it were my call. I personally don't think they'd be far off from competing with the current team if they could add a good starting goalie and subtract and replace Ristolainen. A fully healthy Jack would have done wonders for this team. I wish Granato could have one more go with a healthy roster and everyone bought in, but that seems unlikely at this point.
good post. I too can’t decide best without knowing the interpersonal dynamics and issues directly.

Goaltending and a competent coach.
they also need someone to mature Eichel’s head. I dont think that should be the coach.

Reactions: Man of Principles

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
I know Jack gives off a vibe that makes some people dislike him but that doesn't mean 'his attitude' hurts the team. Played with plenty of real dbags that i wanted nothing to do with outside the rink/field but weren't bad teammates.

And i doubt Jack is one, my impression is he's more like someone that seems like an arrogant prick at first but turns out to be a decent guy lol.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I for one, I am finally tired of this whole how do you Sam and Jack feel about the team narrative. I get that they are important players, but part of the problem with this team is that it’s not a team, when your catering to individual players to determine what direction you go, then you lost an identity as a team that I think is really important to success in hockey. Look at Vegas, they were good out of the gate not because they had superstars but because they had a team, and I think the Sabres need to get back to that. I don’t wanna hear any of this BS about this player once that and this player wants something else,Should be about how we make the team good as a team, and not to satisfy any individual person. That’s how good organizations work, no person or player is more important than the team, and it’s pretty obvious we have gotten away from that both in the media impression of the team as well as the team goals and focus in general. They probably should’ve done a reset last year instead of going for hall

Reactions: Gimli and beerme1

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I know Jack gives off a vibe that makes some people dislike him but that doesn't mean 'his attitude' hurts the team. Played with plenty of real dbags that i wanted nothing to do with outside the rink/field but weren't bad teammates.

And i doubt Jack is one, my impression is he's more like someone that seems like an arrogant prick at first but turns out to be a decent guy lol.
Agree I have tolerated d-bag teammates who were not larger than the team, and where the team was “large” / “strong “ enough not to be dominated by a singular d-bag or two.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I watched the last month without Hall and Eichel.. it wasn't that bad. Sorry this is one despair train I'm not getting on around here.

Goodbye Eichel, you were talented and will be missed on the scores but his ego is too big to be a team player.

I didn't want to get rid of ROR but I am absolutely ok with Eichel going.

LOL I'll agree to disagree. We're a last place team in a league with a talent level that cannot compete with any playoff team much less the top ones. Cannon fodder for the rest of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->