Why Precisely Do Reinhart and Ristolainen Think Sabres Are Rebuilding & What's The Way Out Of This?

What's the way out of this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
IMHO, Samson's comments were damning. As much, or more, than Eichel's.

Gotta believe that these guys are tight. I figure that he is suggesting that if Eichel is traded for a boatload of picks/prospects, Sam is not willing to stick around to see how that works out. And Sam knows that Eichel is going to force his way out.

If GMKA trades Eichel, he might as well ship Sam out too.

This is not going to end well. The Sabres will not get better by trading Jack.

I literally just wrote "this is going to get worse before it gets better" in another thread.

I firmly believe Jack and Sam are history, which will set the team back a period of years.

No way we win either of those trades.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
that proud,humble players part makes me cringe, it sounds too much like Jason Botterill.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I don't honestly know what I'd do if it were my call. I personally don't think they'd be far off from competing with the current team if they could add a good starting goalie and subtract and replace Ristolainen. A fully healthy Jack would have done wonders for this team. I wish Granato could have one more go with a healthy roster and everyone bought in, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Reactions: brian_griffin

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sam and Risto are hearing it from Jack.

Jack wanting out means that they have no real hope to turn this around in the short term.

There is no Turgeon for LaFontaine trade out there where the Sabres can trade Eichel 1 for 1 for a guy that elevates this team.

That and the fact that the owner thought this year's team was a Cup Contender and it finished DEAD *&%#ING LAST in the NHL again leaves the players having no faith that this front office and this ownership group has any clue how to make this team competitive next season. Especially if they are forced to trade away Eichel who is the face of the franchise, the captain, the 1C, and a top 10 player in the NHL.
I'd give this 1,000,000 up votes if it was allowed.

Trade Jack and this franchise is 'ef'd for a long, long time. I WILL walk from this shit show (not that it matters to anyone other than myself.....)

You think this year was bad? The RoR trade was bad? Trade Jack and just wait and watch it all sink........

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think they heard it from within the organization themselves. Its no coincidence we've heard Jack rumblings and that if Jack was traded we would be rebuilding the rebuild. Jack wanting out and him being almost 100% gone this off season correlates to exactly what they've been hearing.

We also know Adams went ahead and visited the Pegula's during the 18 game losing streak and got the ok to go ahead with a "plan", I believe this was him getting the ok to rebuild and trade Jack. I think Jack asked out last year so they went out and got Hall to make something happen. Injuries happened, Jack went head on with the organization over what he wants rather than what Doctors think. I believe the divide between Eichel being a headcase and the organization has been happening for awhile behind the scenes and its finally boiling over now even tho the media catching wind of it last year and adding smoke to the fire that teams were calling on Eichel/Eichel wanting out was hitting us in the face, most posters largely decided to ignore it.

Now reality finally smacked them in the face and its become bitter and anger around here with finger pointing everywhere.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'd give this 1,000,000 up votes if it was allowed.

Trade Jack and this franchise is 'ef'd for a long, long time. I WILL walk from this shit show (not that it matters to anyone other than myself.....)

You think this year was bad? The RoR trade was bad? Trade Jack and just wait and watch it all sink........
I watched the last month without Hall and Eichel.. it wasn't that bad. Sorry this is one despair train I'm not getting on around here.

Goodbye Eichel, you were talented and will be missed on the scores but his ego is too big to be a team player.

I didn't want to get rid of ROR but I am absolutely ok with Eichel going.

Reactions: goach and EichHart

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I watched the last month without Hall and Eichel.. it wasn't that bad. Sorry this is one despair train I'm not getting on around here.

Goodbye Eichel, you were talented and will be missed on the scores but his ego is too big to be a team player.

I didn't want to get rid of ROR but I am absolutely ok with Eichel going.
Were you ok if he were going last season, in the middle of his peak play? Because that's how you sell, you sell high. My guess is you never wasted a single thought about getting rid of him when he carried the team on his shoulders with an awful coach.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Were you ok if he were going last season, in the middle of his peak play? Because that's how you sell, you sell high. My guess is you never wasted a single thought about getting rid of him when he carried the team on his shoulders with an awful coach.
I've noticed his attitude since the videos of him at the draft on draft day were airing, Sportsnet always does this with the top prospect where they take them out for a day on the town. He showed McDavid no respect or really anyone on that road trip. You can kinda see it on the camera's, I'll never forget it.

If he went last season, I would have been ok with it. It would have probably hurt more than now but you dont trade Eichel unless he wants out or is a problem, if we are trading him, he is either one of those problems or both.

I really think the team will rally better without him. I think hes the reason for divides in the lockerroom early on in his career with the veterans and I think if his attitude sticks around he will poison the rest of the young core. This young core learned valuable lessons this year in the 18 game losing streak, they learned how to win against adversity. Something I don't think Eichel ever learned since he always won prior to the NHL and he missed out on it this year due to his injury.

He's also never carried this team, this team has always been at the bottom with him. McDavid is the example of lifting up and carrying a team.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I feel for Jack and Sam. They were high draft picks and they have been through absolute shit. The team has never been competitive enough for even a playoff spot let anyone a deep run. I lack sympathy for Jack as he had to sign his name on that contract. I do think they have also done this to themselves as well. Jack hasn't been a model employee, he sulks, and stuff around him "leaks" to easily. I think that has infected Sam. I get being frustrated, I get slamming a stick on the post but you cant do it every night. Other young stars have gone through this and refined their game to be better as with Jack it seems he just wants to take on more instead refine his game. I wish them both the best of luck and I honestly think we will be fine going forward.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I've noticed his attitude since the videos of him at the draft on draft day were airing, Sportsnet always does this with the top prospect where they take them out for a day on the town. He showed McDavid no respect or really anyone on that road trip. You can kinda see it on the camera's, I'll never forget it.
I remember this video.

:laugh:

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I hope Jack goes to his new team, wins a cup and buys a full page ad in the Buffalo News to rub the noses of the fools indulging in the traditional character assassination in shit.

It's looking like it's tradition for former Sabres to win the cup shortly after leaving the team: Hasek, ROR, Bogosian, and soon it'll probably include Eichel & Reinhart

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The quiet Pegulas are hopefully steamed. The Bills are providing cover. If they're telling KA to move Jack&Sam, and I think that's very likely given how ROR left the team, KA has to be empowered to take his time and for the highest bidders, even if it takes til the end of September.

Its two more years of misery if Jack and Sam are moved. Or maybe one if they play their cards right.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He should just buy TBN. Can't be worth much at this point

It'd be icing on the cake for Eichel to not only have his prime wasted by the Buffalo Sabres, but to also then purchase the Buffalo News only to lose millions of dollars on them as well

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad