Why not the Browns?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With AFC open they could go places

But its Browns and until they finally break thru one must be constantly skeptical

Took Chiefs generations to go from constant underachiever to champion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
With AFC open they could go places

But its Browns and until they finally break thru one must be constantly skeptical

Took Chiefs generations to go from constant underachiever to champion

took Chiefs an all-time QB, WR, and TE combo lol

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
A Browns-Lions Stupor Bowl?..

A callback to '50s football.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Browns are on a roll, they will be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs, a bit of concern with how many times Flacco is turning it over though with 7 int and a fumble in 4 starts

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
offense is suspect
Their offensive line is getting a bit healthier. That helps a lot because the run game push has been a problem with the depth guys.

But they lost both their kicker and punter on Sunday. Hopefully both are short term injuries, but those two have had great seasons.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
A Browns-Lions Stupor Bowl?..

A callback to '50s football.
A suffering, loyal rustbelt city and fanbase would be a Super Bowl champion for the first time. A giant middle finger to the NFL's Taylor Swift casual fan hype bullshit.

That sounds pretty damn awesome. I don't like the idea of Haslam or DeShaun getting rings, but any SB without KC and Dallas is a great one.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
A suffering, loyal rustbelt city and fanbase would be a Super Bowl champion for the first time. A giant middle finger to the NFL's Taylor Swift casual fan hype bullshit.

That sounds pretty damn awesome. I don't like the idea of Haslam or DeShaun getting rings, but any SB without KC and Dallas is a great one.
It's probably more of an embarrassment for Deshaun to get a ring sitting on a couch(not literally, he's rehabbing) while some old geezer off the couch comes in and sets the world on fire.

If Bill O'Brien wasn't a crazy personnel guy, we'd never know about Watson's weird massage fetish and still be singing his praises as a great QB and individual. Just like we'd never know about Spygate if Belichick decide to not do it on former assistant Mangini.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
It's probably more of an embarrassment for Deshaun to get a ring sitting on a couch(not literally, he's rehabbing) while some old geezer off the couch comes in and sets the world on fire.
I appreciate you parenthetically clarified Watson is doing more than sitting on a couch.. Flacco probably deserves the same defense..

Reason I mention this, because I've noticed this is the latest overused cliché in NFL media. The media spent months talking about how Heinicke was living on his sister's couch, and various other backups were on their couches when they got called up.. and now every weekend, it's the dumb implication that all Flacco was doing was sitting on his couch this Fall.
What is the media's fixation with characterizing back-up and between-job quarterbacks as couch potatoes(?) It seems like a stupid, parroted meme..
I wonder if it's a projection on the media's part, based on their own off-season habits(?) I've never heard so much couch talk, as this season. All 2023 is missing is Tim Couch pulling off a couch comeback.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What is the media's fixation with characterizing back-up and between-job quarterbacks as couch potatoes(?) It seems like a stupid, parroted meme..
Most sports media is stupid, parroted memes. That they've never come up with a better one for a unsigned player than "sitting on his couch" is damning. Well, it would be, if there was any expectation of quality.

On the topic of the Browns... I think Stefanski is a good coach, especially with Schwartz calling his D. I don't know if he's good enough to overcome the injuries they've had to make a championship run. And I certainly hope not, as a Steeler fan who enjoys seeing my Browns-fan friends get their hopes up year after year.

That said, I could probably get on board with Browns if the alternatives are the Chiefs or Cowboys or Niners.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I appreciate you parenthetically clarified Watson is doing more than sitting on a couch.. Flacco probably deserves the same defense..

Reason I mention this, because I've noticed this is the latest overused cliché in NFL media. The media spent months talking about how Heinicke was living on his sister's couch, and various other backups were on their couches when they got called up.. and now every weekend, it's the dumb implication that all Flacco was doing was sitting on his couch this Fall.
I wonder if it's a projection on the media's part, based on their own off-season habits(?) I've never heard so much couch talk, as this season. All 2023 is missing is Tim Couch pulling off a couch comeback.
They're using the phrase because the point is Flacco went from spending his Sundays watching games on his couch for most of the season to playing in them.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm sure the NFL also doesn't mind fans thinking that back-up QBs are borderline homeless and not actually earning hundreds of thousands, if not millions, when they actually are rostered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad