Why Kiprusoff is skipping the Oly's, from his own mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just to put all the nonsensical speculation that Sutter was the reason he isnt playing in Turin.....

Kiprusoff has been criticized in his homeland for sitting out the Turin Games in order to nurse what has been described as a chronic hip injury.

Other countrymen have been very forgiving of the 29-year-old from Turku and have instead placed the blame on the Flames for allegedly pressuring their meal ticket to bow out. The skeptics figure there's no way in Helsinki that Kiprusoff, a Suomi standout at the 2004 World Cup, would do this on his own.

"That's one that my parents told me, too -- that the Flames told me not to go," nodded Kiprusoff, who emphatically denies the allegation. "It's totally my call. The team can't say (that a player isn't allowed to represent his country at the Olympics).

"It's 100 per cent my call."

Finnish selectors, led by Hall-of-Famer Jari Kurri, complicated matters by failing to heed Kiprusoff's warnings about his health and unavailability.

"I was talking to them a lot," Kiprusoff explained, "and I was saying, 'It seems like I've got a problem.' I gave them my doctor's number for them to call if they want to know what it is, so it's easy for them to realize I really can't go (to Turin). They were saying, 'We still want to name you to the team.' What can I do?"

It's a pay site, so you may need to use bugmenot.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=b4256058-6c79-4105-9a6d-4c7db404803c

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
transplant99 said:
Just to put all the nonsensical speculation that Sutter was the reason he isnt playing in Turin.....

It's a pay site, so you may need to use bugmenot.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=b4256058-6c79-4105-9a6d-4c7db404803c
Sutter used that time honored sleep deprivation technique to coerce Kipper into saying these nonsensical things . This is clearly an attempt by Sutter and the Flames to stop Finland from competing for gold. Disgrace.

mug3n

Jan 15, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Sutter used that time honored sleep deprivation technique to coerce Kipper into saying these nonsensical things . This is clearly an attempt by Sutter and the Flames to stop Finland from competing for gold. Disgrace.
So it's one big conspiracy now? Anything else other than the fact that he wants to put all his efforts into the Calgary Flames is just plain BS.

Phanuthier*

It's quite obvious that Kiprusoff is taking pain killers to continue playing (thus after he consulted doctors?) that are banned by the IIHF.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
mug3n said:
So it's one big conspiracy now? Anything else other than the fact that he wants to put all his efforts into the Calgary Flames is just plain BS.
Oh Come on!! Could you not see the sarcasm in my post? Maybe I should have been more clear. Sleep deprevation was not quite sarcastic enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad