Value of: Why isn't there more talk about Craig Anderson being traded?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Because management is Pejorative Slured and didn't trade him when they had the chance when he looked good. Now hes f***ing injured again and his value wont be higher and is already decreasing

Reactions: inthewings

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Pretty pissed we are keeping him. He does absolutely nothing for us, probably could have got a pick and prospect for him. He doesn't fit a rebuild at all

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Nobody else is interested in paying him next year given his play over the past year. If we are lucky, Anderson has a good finish to this season and good start to next season, and someone trades for him as a 1B in the middle of next year.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Being signed through 2020 would make him hypothetically hard to move. I'm not sure how many teams view him currently as a #1 goalie. I doubt many teams are looking acquire a 4.75 mil backup. Mix in a partial no trade clause and it's gonna be hard to find a deal which makes sense.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why would anyone trade more than a 6th round pick for him? If a contender actually needed a goalie for some reason, there are better options anyway.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
He doesn’t suck. His play behind a pretty bad team has been good... but he’s had a bit of a run of injuries. That is a concern with an older goalie. That extra year isn’t cheap either.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Because management is ******ed and didn't trade him when they had the chance when he looked good. Now hes ****ing injured again and his value wont be higher and is already decreasing
Doesn’t he normally alternate between good and bad years ? Trade him next season . Also easier for a team to take a chance on a rental that’s about to be a ufa

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Because he has a M-NTC, and can easily figure out who needs a goalie and who doesn't to keep his family settled in Ottawa.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
~3.4 GAA and .900 sv% the last two seasons over 90 games with 4.75 mill owed for one more year

Why would anyone trade for that?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
~3.4 GAA and .900 sv% the last two seasons over 90 games with 4.75 mill owed for one more year

Why would anyone trade for that?
His numbers look bad but we likely have 10 or so less wins without him,he really isnt an issue....

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Every team seems to have a goalie now. But I think Anderson to Vancouver might be a possibility, maybe even Elliot to Vancouver.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I am the only Sens fan who wants to keep the guy. He is still a capable tender. We have young guys coming up and could use his mentorship especially next year in another dark rebuild of a year.

Value wise he is likely worth a 2nd or 3rd pick. Sens have been asked about him but they arent looking at moving Andy. Word is he likes where he is. No need to drop him imo

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I am the only Sens fan who wants to keep the guy. He is still a capable tender. We have young guys coming up and could use his mentorship especially next year in another dark rebuild of a year.

Value wise he is likely worth a 2nd or 3rd pick. Sens have been asked about him but they arent looking at moving Andy. Word is he likes where he is. No need to drop him imo
Andy isnt the problem in Ottawa him playing behind a defense that 2nd highest paid defender actually plays for LA is...Lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It's crazy that is a true fact
Cody Ceci is the team most experienced defender,and highest paid....Lol people should let that sink in before they label a good goalie like Andy terrible....He gets no support and has faced more rubber than the 401 at 5 pm in Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad