Why isn't Sandin getting a better shot?

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I think Sandin could potentially play a big role for us considering how badly the powerplay has been struggling. He’s always be an extremely effective PP QB considering his high IQ and shooting instincts. Morgan Rielly has been a disaster recently, so it makes sense for Sandin to get a shot there. Really hoping that is how we utilize him.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Sandin played so well last night, wasn't expecting that with how little hockey he's played this year

Can't wait til he has a full time spot.

Stinger8

Feb 16, 2021
I thought all things considered he played well. He is a smart hockey player. Will struggle keeping the front of the net clear needs to be paired with a more physical sort to help in his own end. He is a keeper.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I'm predicting that Sandin takes Dermott's spot and never gives it up. Unfortunately Dermott is not terribly different from the kid who was promoted 4 years ago.

It's an eye opener how Dermott could have a -4 and his most frequent partner Bogosian is a +7. That's a massive 11 goal against swing.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
11 goals by the entire D-Core isn't good enough hoping Sandin's offense starts to shine through.

I'm glad he's getting an extended look (assuming Bogosian is out a while)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad