Why isn't Pierre Turgeon in the HHOF

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
not that i saw every playoff game of turgeon’s career, or even very many. but tbh i can’t think of a time in pierre’s career, regular season or playoffs, when i was as scared of him as 92 playoffs nicholls.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
You should really just stop with the whole "equating Turgeon and Nicholls" thing. It's damaging to one's credibility.

We were over this before, the offensive edge Turgeon has on him isn't miles ahead by any means and Nicholls makes up for things in other departments. He was more of a competitor, got more involved physically, would drop his gloves when he had to. Was more tenacious. Any edge Turgeon has on him practically evens things out the rest of the way.

I don't know who I would start my team with if I had both on the table because the results were very much the same if they were your best center. Neither should be in the HHOF and if either of them gets in it will be based on people looking at gaudy numbers (Nicholls in 1989, Turgeon in 1993) and getting excited over it but not realizing these were outlier seasons for them.

Why? Nicholls was better then Turgeon.

They can definitely be lumped in the same type of group. Among the top of the Hall of Very Good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad