Why isn't Patrik Thoresen drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Vikke said:
I don't know why he was overlooked, but since he turned 20 there was no need for a team to draft him if they wanted him, just offer him a contract and sign him.

The limit is 22, not 20, so if a team did want to make sure they got his signature, they'd need to draft him now and get the signature before he turns 22.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
From what we've heard the last few years, it has nothing to do with Norwegian, and everything to do with attitude.

Coffee and 7's*

Seachd said:
From what we've heard the last few years, it has nothing to do with Norwegian, and everything to do with attitude.

he has a bad attitude? thats hard to believe since Djurgårdens IF like him so much.

So will he never go to NHL like some other good players? it whould be sad imo!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Seachd said:

If anything, he has been praised by his coaches and the media for his work-ethics and attitude. I must admit Thoresen was much better than I initially thought he'd be. I see him in the NHL (or at least trying out for a team) in 2 years.

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
The Blues wouldn't take him 2 years ago when we were desperate for any kind of scoring prospect. We only have one or two now but then we had none.

GoneAway

Diaboli said:
The limit is 22, not 20, so if a team did want to make sure they got his signature, they'd need to draft him now and get the signature before he turns 22.

Didn't the Habs draft Streit 2 years ago when he was 25? :dunno:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Thoresen has great potential. Works hard, he's tough, has a good offensive game and I don't understand why his two way game is in question. He's not bad defensivly by any means.

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
i believe he went to camp, prospect camp with the blues a few years ago right? maybe not

Yeah, his 1st draft year. We are the team who took Mike Danton too, so he must have a terrible attitude.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
MJ is right. Thoresen was a Bruins camp invitee who was promptly released.

Word on the street is that he is skilled, but is a one-trick pony and is more of a soft perimeter player than anything.

He is going to be one of those players who does a lot of good things in Europe, but who never makes it in the NHL.

PEli*

I had the chance to watch him countless times a couple of years ago in the Q. He's soft, he's ineffective after a while, he doesn't pass too often and he's just not that good.

I saw him a lot as an overager and didn't see where the hype was coming from. I was more unimpressed because of the simple fact that he was an overager in a offensive league and wasn't very great.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Lordchezz said:
Didn't the Habs draft Streit 2 years ago when he was 25? :dunno:

Under the current CBA players over 22 don't need to be drafted in order to sign them. In the previous CBA you couldn't sign European players from Europe, if they weren't drafted. That's the difference.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
PEli said:
I had the chance to watch him countless times a couple of years ago in the Q. He's soft, he's ineffective after a while, he doesn't pass too often and he's just not that good.

I saw him a lot as an overager and didn't see where the hype was coming from. I was more unimpressed because of the simple fact that he was an overager in a offensive league and wasn't very great.

I don't know who you were watching but he was awsome for Moncton...I watched him many times and he lived up to the hype for me he was a 1st round talent in my opinion.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Plager05 said:
The Blues wouldn't take him 2 years ago when we were desperate for any kind of scoring prospect. We only have one or two now but then we had none.

Actually he was on the list for the blues in the rookie tournament as a tryout. But they passed for some reason.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I actually saw him play in Oslo this year against the NHL Stars team. It was the most booring game I've ever seen. Those NHL'ers were completely uninterested playing against the Norwegian League all-stars.

Never go much of a read on Thoreson although he obviously has good reach/hands.

PEli*

scoutman1 said:
I don't know who you were watching but he was awsome for Moncton...I watched him many times and he lived up to the hype for me he was a 1st round talent in my opinion.

Well, unless everybody at HF is a qualified scout, none of us know what we're talking about. I didn't like his game. You did. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->