why isnt JT Marner our top line

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It is our top line...

Marner played the most minutes out of any Leafs forward against Boston with 19:41. Tavares was second, with 19:14. Kadri was third with 17:51.

Marner played the most minutes against Jersey, Nashville, Vancouver....

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It is our top line...

Marner played the most minutes out of any Leafs forward against Boston with 19:41. Tavares was second, with 19:14. Kadri was third with 17:51.

Marner played the most minutes against Jersey, Nashville, Vancouver....
Matthews has to play more than he is.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What if I told you that we have more than 1 line that is considered #1.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Babs is a complete moron with lines and managing ice-time.

Leafs are 3rd in the East with a complete moron as a coach, imagine what they could do with a non-moron, maybe they could go undefeated for the entire season? Results matter when you make an uneducated comment like you did.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
It appears above their head, like in NHL 20xx, it apparently would make our team better if people were designated a line number.
I like that we don't attach numbers to our lines. It makes it harder for the other team to figure out which one, is our number 1.
Like, maybe tonight Bednar thinks the Goat line is the #1 line. Could take him a whole period to figure it out. No point in telling him the JT/MM or AM/?? line is the #1.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I like that we don't attach numbers to our lines. It makes it harder for the other team to figure out which one, is our number 1.
Like, maybe tonight Bednar thinks the Goat line is the #1 line. Could take him a whole period to figure it out. No point in telling him the JT/MM or AM/?? line is the #1.

LOL, Babcock is crafty that way. How will Bednar ever know the difference between Kadri, Tavares or Matthews.. if only there were numbers on their sweaters or names on their sweaters.

Furthermore how do players know when to hit the ice when there is no line number assigned, must be complete chaos on the bench

Secret footage below of the Leafs most recent practice:

q5ogpL.gif

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
LOL, Babcock is crafty that way. How will Bednar ever know the difference between Kadri, Tavares or Matthews.. if only there were numbers on their sweaters or names on their sweaters.

Furthermore how do players know when to hit the ice when there is no line number assigned, must be complete chaos on the bench

Secret footage below of the Leafs most recent practice:

q5ogpL.gif
Explains why we have so many TMMOI penalties.

Reactions: Bluelines

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Thanks to OP for taking the time to really develop your thoughts. I had to read twice to fully appreciate your arguments.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Slightly off topic question for a MOD.

Can you report a post for being moronic or do you have to cite one of the "official" rules?

Reactions: LeafsNation149
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad