Injury Report: Why is this team made of glass

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
Per Kwilson half the team is broken and we will be playing with fans from the stands. But seriously Hornqvist, Weber, Klein, Forsberg, all out. And oh yeah Pekka is still gone for seems to be a while. I have never seen a team plagued by injuries as this one has had in the past two years. I am glad Poile brought in depth for forwards but it seems were going to need some defense help now. I can only ask why can we not have nice things :cry:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
No amount of conditioning prevents damage from pucks striking a human body. That accounts for Hornqvist and Weber (yes, a visor may have mitigated the injury to Weber depending on the path of the puck, exact point of impact, etc ... then again, it may not have). Klein hobbled to the bench a few times this season after a puck off the foot/lower leg area. It's part of the game. Really the only freak injury is Rinne's infection.

Hornqvist reportedly skated this morning. I haven't seen a timeline on Klein or Weber. Forsberg's "upper body" remains puzzling at this point.

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
No amount of conditioning prevents damage from pucks striking a human body. That accounts for Hornqvist and Weber (yes, a visor may have mitigated the injury to Weber depending on the path of the puck, exact point of impact, etc ... then again, it may not have). Klein hobbled to the bench a few times this season after a puck off the foot/lower leg area. It's part of the game. Really the only freak injury is Rinne's infection.

Hornqvist reportedly skated this morning. I haven't seen a timeline on Klein or Weber. Forsberg's "upper body" remains puzzling at this point.

I understand there is nothing we could have done to stop these injuries and there is probably no way the team could have seen it play out this way. I just dont understand how we can be this unlucky, it has been a year and a half ordeal of injuries. Could it be the way Trotz wants the guys to throw themselves if front of the puck Idk I am just saying this team has bad luck

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well to make it simple The players on this team do not stand up for there teammates very well. Hornqvist is abused every game he plays. Pretty easy for other teams to take advantage of a team when no one answers the bell. Is it coaching or is it players? As Forrest Gump would say "I think its both". Pekka and Weber are just bad luck instances any of the others are questionable. Now before it gets to the lets call Tootoo backlook at the roster and you will see we have guys that can do the dirty work. Clune can only be thumped so many times, The must be others willing to protect there teammates.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I understand there is nothing we could have done to stop these injuries and there is probably no way the team could have seen it play out this way. I just dont understand how we can be this unlucky, it has been a year and a half ordeal of injuries. Could it be the way Trotz wants the guys to throw themselves if front of the puck Idk I am just saying this team has bad luck

Plenty of other teams see similar injuries every year. It's part of the game. Staying healthy usually plays a big role in a team's success. In 11/12, we stayed very healthy all year long and we ended up having a big year. In 12/13 we were decimated by injuries and had a terrible year with a similar roster.

Our style probably does play a part. We get hemmed in our own zone a lot and play a grity, down low game which might add to it.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Well to make it simple The players on this team do not stand up for there teammates very well. Hornqvist is abused every game he plays. Pretty easy for other teams to take advantage of a team when no one answers the bell. Is it coaching or is it players? As Forrest Gump would say "I think its both". Pekka and Weber are just bad luck instances any of the others are questionable. Now before it gets to the lets call Tootoo backlook at the roster and you will see we have guys that can do the dirty work. Clune can only be thumped so many times, The must be others willing to protect there teammates.

What does any of what you posted have to do with the cause of injuries? None are fight related. None are toughness related. Hornqvist struck by a puck while screening the goalie has NOTHING to do with if players stick up for each other or not. Weber struck by a shot has NOTHING to do with if players stick up for each other or not. Klein taking pucks off the foot/ankle/back of shin area while blocking pucks has NOTHING to do with if players stick up for each other or not.

Great non sequitur, JD.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Hornqvist got hit by Fisher's shot and screening is what causes a lot of his injuries but that is what he does. Our guys do sacrifice their bodies a lot to block shots but without Rinne they are trying to help our goalies out a lot more. Bad luck is a lot to do with it but it happens to all teams. We'll see what our depth is like.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Meanwhile the Penguins lost Paul Martin 4-6 weeks to a broken leg. The Stars lose Robidas a reported 4-6 months to a broken leg that required leaving the ice on a stretcher. Parise returned early from a bruised foot that led to initial estimates of 2+ weeks off the ice.

It isn't just the Preds.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Getting hit by pucks is going to happen and every team loses players for groin pulls. What I attempted to address is the games missed due to hits that are questionable.. Ala Josi earlier this year. These are the injuries that teammates set the tone for. If a team does not stand up for there teammates other teams can and do take advantage of this.

A team can't withstand normal injuries and Scott or Avery or some of the few players left that just look for chances to put another notch in there stick.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Wait, fans think the team they root for is always more injured than the rest of the teams in the league?

Shocking :laugh:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The hit on Josi brought immediate attention from both Bourque and Weber. Every time Downie took the ice, a Pred challenged him ... challenges he turned down each time because Downie lacks the fortitude to man up. None of the injury issues have a thing to do with perceived toughness and insults won't change that very simple reality.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Lol, and everyone laughed at my when I said what a waste of money nystrom and Hendricks were.

Good thing we paid so much for them to stand up for the boys! Great investment once again poile, why sign scorers when you can sign nystrom and Hendricks for same price!!

Yay no goals and injuries!

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Lol, and everyone laughed at my when I said what a waste of money nystrom and Hendricks were.

Good thing we paid so much for them to stand up for the boys! Great investment once again poile, why sign scorers when you can sign nystrom and Hendricks for same price!!

Yay no goals and injuries!

Exactly right...the bench should have emptied, with the entire team jumping on that puck which did that to our Captain's eye. If that puck dares showing up again on Bridgestone ice, I certainly hope Trotz took its name.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Lol. Jokers eh.
I'm talking in general, we always get pushed around. Did I say anything about weber injury?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We've been extemely unlucky the last 2 seasons where the injuries hit us in groups on the same position. Last season is was up front, this season it's on the back end.

Losing 2 of your top 4 defensemen and your starting goalie would hurt any team, we're no different.

Losing 2 star players would also hurt any team.

This really sucks right now but hopefully Weber will be back soon. We take for granted how physical he actually is.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
We've been extemely unlucky the last 2 seasons where the injuries hit us in groups on the same position. Last season is was up front, this season it's on the back end.

Losing 2 of your top 4 defensemen and your starting goalie would hurt any team, we're no different.

Losing 2 star players would also hurt any team.

This really sucks right now but hopefully Weber will be back soon. We take for granted how physical he actually is.

You need to add to your ellis is too small, too slow ... and he likes scoring against the predators

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It's just pathetic how we never make moves to actually improve the team. Poile is the most boring gm ever.

I imagine he isn't back next season. This team needs a shakeup.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Weber update via yahoo:

Weber has been sidelined since being struck in the eye by the puck on Nov. 28. "Today was a good day," Weber said on Friday. "It was good to be back out there with the guys and skate with them and hopefully move forward going ahead this week." He hasn't been ruled out for Saturday's contest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad