Why is the Clark Cup Final Best-of-5?

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
I've posted this query before and didn't get a response... Wondering if anyone can answer. I just question since it seems every league has a Best-of-7 Championship Series, and really it makes far more sense to me. Best-of-5 seems odd.
Is it due to the travel involved? WHL has by far the worst bus travel of any league out there and they do Best-of-7.
Not knocking the USHL, if anything I'm impressed with how far the league has come along.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
I've posted this query before and didn't get a response... Wondering if anyone can answer. I just question since it seems every league has a Best-of-7 Championship Series, and really it makes far more sense to me. Best-of-5 seems odd.
Is it due to the travel involved? WHL has by far the worst bus travel of any league out there and they do Best-of-7.
Not knocking the USHL, if anything I'm impressed with how far the league has come along.

Definitely travel because it could be a Youngstown - Fargo championship, which would be close to a 17-hour bus ride

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Still not getting it, sorry.
This is obviously decided before the season starts as to the length of the final series. Edmonton-Portland WHL final just happened, and that's an over 15-hour bus ride. Worst case would have been Brandon, which would have been nearly a 24 hour bus ride from Portland.

Again, I'm not trying to knock the league. But Best-of-7 is the standard in any league, and the USHL is trying to be taken seriously. Am I the only one that sees this as strange?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad