Why is Tanner Glass still in the NHL ?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
So umm apparently theres a anti glass twitter account ???? that being said him and craig adams are an asset to have in your top six.

if your trying to tank.

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
Fought Prust, called out the Canadiens for being an embarrassment to the sport. He's OK in my book now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Because hockey is still a massive old-boys club full of archaic thinking, and even most of the young minds entering the industry listened to too much of Don Cherry's BS growing up.

Generally speaking, if the first upsides mentioned of a player are heart, grit, will-to-win, or tough, they probably shouldn't be in the NHL.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I hate Glass more than I've ever hated a player in the NHL.

Get this waste of space out of my organization.

I'll pay you.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Are you aware this is the same guy that handed out these contracts:

Gomez - seven years $51.5 million
Drury - five years $35.25 million
Redden - six years $39 million
Richards - nine years $60 million

He can't sign free agent contracts it never works out. Doesn't matter how much $ or for how long. I'd even put Gaborik in because of how bad the deal was after three seasons.

Meh on the Richards deal, we made it to the ECF and the SCF in his 3 years here and were able to buy him out scott free.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Does Tanner Glass have blackmail of everyone in this league?

Honestly, this could be a serious question.

I honestly for the life of me (and pretty much every other Rangers fan) cannot figure out how the heck this guy still has a job in the league, let along starting mostly every game. Could be bar none the worst player in the league (if not, REALLY up there).

-15 and 1 point in 40 games this season, while playing like utter garbage (should barely be in the ECHL, let along the NHL). But yet, for some god (even he may not know) reason, AV has some kind of man crush on him, and so did Paul Maurice and Dan Bylsma before him. How the hell does this guy get away with it?

This season has partially been awful just because of this guy.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
This might be the 1 and only topic that all of HF agrees with.

Consensus worsts player in the league.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
It's not just AV, though. Paul Maurice and Dan Bylsma also had some kind of weird hard on for Glass.

I don't know what he does to make coaches blindly fall in love with him, but it's working big time.

incorrect, the Jets coach during the time Glass played there was Claude Noel.

Noel loved Glass almost as much as he loved his lozenges :laugh:

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Every coach seems to have a hard on for a certain player and then have another in perpetual doghouse...

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
fanner glass. man watching that was SMH material in the scf. horrible player. he can fight thats about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad