Why is Sweden and Canada playing a exhibition game couple of days before "real" game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
develop chemistry, get in game shape mentally, practice line combos, get used to each other, develop a style of play.

I had thought it was a pretty obvious assumption..

SChan*

develop chemistry, get in game shape mentally, practice line combos, get used to each other, develop a style of play.

I had thought it was a pretty obvious assumption..

you also expose your weakness, and then you play again in the opener when it means something. Injuries and stuff like that can also occur in a meaningless game.

Roger's Pancreas*

you also expose your weakness, and then you play again in the opener when it means something. Injuries and stuff like that can also occur in a meaningless game.

If your coach doesn't correct the glaring weakness in an exhibition team, your team isn't going anywhere.

SChan*

name an important player that got injured in an exhibition game in the past.

so that is proof it cant happen now? I just dont like the idea to play the same opponent twice in a few days (one meaningless and one game that means something)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
so that is proof it cant happen now? I just like the idea to play the same opponent twice in a few days (one meaningless and one game that means something)

no, I'm proving that the liklihood of an injury in exhibition play is so small that it's worth taking the chance to achieve the reasons I stated above.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury

You have to have a weakness for it to be exposed :sarcasm: just kidding :innocent:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Its good for both team to get their game legs going, you can practice all you want, but teams need to play for real.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
You have to have a weakness for it to be exposed :sarcasm: just kidding :innocent:

hahaha

i think its a bit dumb, i mean they should play a different team than th eone they open up against

im from sudbury too, by the way

The Little Swede

May 11, 2006
The Beach!
I don't think it really matters. As people have already said I think it's mainly to get chemistry, see what lines work, which don't etc... Canada also plays Finland and I think the Swedes play the Swiss. It's one game, not a series. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad