Why is Pittsburgh so injury prone

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Seriously, is it their play style? Was the arena built on an Indian burial ground? Did they anger the gods? Every single key player that they have had since they got Crosby, heck even Lemieux, just can't stay healthy. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Shultz, Maata, Murray, Dupuis, Goligoski, Despres, Bennett, Hornqvist, etc. It seems even if they don't miss major amounts of time, if you are a Penguin, you'll never play a full season again until you wear another jersey.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Pens arena was actually built on an Indian burial ground, but they moved to a new arena in 2010

Reactions: CanadianPensFan1

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
While everybody else is golfing and chilling by the lake they're grinding out back to back Stanley Cup runs. There's a lot of hard miles on that core.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
They seem to not have any trouble at all winning cups even though they're so injury prone.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Seriously, is it their play style? Was the arena built on an Indian burial ground? Did they anger the gods? Every single key player that they have had since they got Crosby, heck even Lemieux, just can't stay healthy. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Shultz, Maata, Murray, Dupuis, Goligoski, Despres, Bennett, Hornqvist, etc. It seems even if they don't miss major amounts of time, if you are a Penguin, you'll never play a full season again until you wear another jersey.

Personally, I have always thought it has something to do with The Hockey Gods. I'm an Atheist otherwise, but I do believe in The Hockey Gods. I think injury/sickness/tragedy is the price Pittsburgh pays for the gluttony of riches in the way of talented and elite superstars. The universe works in mysterious ways, but the law of equilibrium is still a law. The highest highs, come with the lowest lows. Pittsburgh lives and dies by that sword.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

I heard the Penguins tried to read this thread. Unfortunately, the shine from their two ( three for some) cup rings was too bright.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Bad form hopping over the boards for a line change. Pull groin.

tumblr_nx412s8pEr1skgd7ao1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad