Why is Patrick Kane behind Voracek in the 2007 draft?

ThuGz

Mar 14, 2006
Statistically Patrick Kane is by far superior to Voracek.

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
London Knights OHL 58 62 83 145 52

Voracek
2006-07 Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL 59 23 63 86 26

Are there any major differences from these players other than the stats? Talent-wise?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Voracek is bigger (quite a bit) and the more capable two-way player. He's also probably better suited to making an immediate impact at the NHL level.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Voracek is bigger, stronger, plays a pro-style game, is a more complete player.

But I would take Kane eventhough im a huge Voracek fan.

turnbuckle*

Who says he's behind Voracek?

Oh wait...I bet you saw one draft list that said so...that pretty much seals it then.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think Voracek would be more suited to step right in and play, he's way more of a complete player than Kane, which is essential...Kane will make the show, with great offensive flair, just needs to learn to play more defensively. That is why Voracek is ranked higher in ISS.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Kane skates one way... is scared along the boards... is disappearing in the playoffs...

You said it before I could ReLyT. I was about to offer that Voracek skates backwards? Knows what his goalie looks like?

Although I did see Kane make a defensive play yesterday. I had to check the number on the back of his jersey, but sure enough - it was him. I was amazed and impressed.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Kane skates one way... is scared along the boards... is disappearing in the playoffs...

I thought he had his wisdom teeth taken out and only started eating solid food a day or two ago. Im sure that has something to do with it, either way ive watched the games and he still has those hands that are worth their weight in gold.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Disappearing, what are you talking about? He has had at least a point in all but 2 playoff games this season including a 5 pt night in the last game vs. Owen Sound.

granites

Dec 25, 2006
Voracek really helped himself with his play in the playoffs. Yes they only lasted to the 2nd round but the mooseheads were a 2 line team and lewiston is overall a better team but if you look at the playoff stats. Voracek led the q in playoff scoring. He sees the ice so well. He's able to play the point on the pp as well. He uses his size and his puck moving ability for a great transition game. Voracek is the complete package and will be a top 5 pick for sure.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
kane is third in playoff scoring... i wouldnt call 19 pts in 10 games disappearing.

hunter plays his line waaaay too often. they look out of gas.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Voracek really helped himself with his play in the playoffs. Yes they only lasted to the 2nd round but the mooseheads were a 2 line team and lewiston is overall a better team but if you look at the playoff stats. Voracek led the q in playoff scoring. He sees the ice so well. He's able to play the point on the pp as well. He uses his size and his puck moving ability for a great transition game. Voracek is the complete package and will be a top 5 pick for sure.

i dont think there is much doubt that he will be a top 5 pick. the question is 1, 2 or maybe 3. i think the top 6 will go like this.

kane
voracek
turris
cherepanov
JVR
alzner

i consider al those guys as locks for top 6 at this point. i cant see anyone else being picked that high.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
i dont think there is much doubt that he will be a top 5 pick. the question is 1, 2 or maybe 3. i think the top 6 will go like this.

kane
voracek
turris
cherepanov
JVR
alzner

i consider al those guys as locks for top 6 at this point. i cant see anyone else being picked that high.

I do agree with you on that top 6...but the words LOCK and NHL DRAFT should never be used in the same sentence. :)

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Stats for this playoff are really bad to go by... I've watched Kane play a bunch of time slive this year... he is scared out there in the playoff... Gagner on the other hand is working his can off. Kane is still getting the points because of his icetime. He also got a star last night which is crap cause he stunk up the house... im a season ticket holder and die hard knights fan and I don't think Kane should be a first overall pick, there is a few bettwer in this draft (Voracek, Couture)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I do agree with you on that top 6...but the words LOCK and NHL DRAFT should never be used in the same sentence. :)

lol. i guess you are right. but they seem like locks to me. but i know anything can happen. some gm might disagree with espo's drop in the rankings and pick him somewhere in the top 6. who knows.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I totally agree, Gagner is all over the ice...I almost decided to go to the game tonight but can't make it :(

But ya Gagner is really well rounded. Kane floats in the neutral zone a lot and doesn't work it really hard to get back, people seem to overlook that b/c when he goes into the offensive zone shortly thereafter...he scores.

Randall Graves*

Statistically Patrick Kane is by far superior to Voracek.

London Knights OHL 58 62 83 145 52

Voracek
2006-07 Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL 59 23 63 86 26

Are there any major differences from these players other than the stats? Talent-wise?
Teams don't evaluate players on stats, it's all about projecting future impact. It seems to me small guys seem to be 'in' for people now. Voracek is a big body that projects to potentially be an outstanding all around player. Size matters, but moreso toughness does if you are Kane's size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->