CF%: 52.81(4th on the team)

SCF/60: 30.93(8th on the team)
SCA/60: 27.68(6th on the team)
SCF%: 52.77(5th on the team)

HDCF/60: 12.65(6th on the team)
HDCA/60: 11.79(12th on the team)
HDCF%: 51.77(9th on the team)

On Ice SH%: 6.60(last on the team)

Kadri is playing well. He is just getting unlucky. The criticism isnt warranted, as people just want another excuse to go after Kadri and the fans.

Isn’t he shooting at a little over 9% this season? Or does On Ice SH% mean something else?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Isn’t he shooting at a little over 9% this season? Or does On Ice SH% mean something else?
That is his individual shooting percentage. On ice is what the other players are shooting at when he is on the ice.

On-ice shooting percentage is essentially the same concept, but with an important twist: It counts all shots taken at the opponent’s net when a player is on the ice, including those by his teammates. It’s a measure of how successful a team is at converting its shots with a certain player on the ice, whether or not the player is the one doing the shooting. Like any stat, on-ice shooting percentage can be applied to all game situations or broken down further by specifying even strength, close situations, etc.
Your Guide to NHL On-Ice Percentages

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
On-ice shooting percentage is essentially the same concept, but with an important twist: It counts all shots taken at the opponent’s net when a player is on the ice, including those by his teammates. It’s a measure of how successful a team is at converting its shots with a certain player on the ice

Thanks.

Cool stat.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
As a player with over 500 games under his belt, just seems like Kadri still hasn't found the right consistent approach on a consistent basis. When he's successful he's the engaged Brad Marchand type who stirs up trouble, plays the body, keeps it simple, goes to the net and generates a good deal of offense. When he's not on his game, he's on this timid float mode, and stops skating, stops really doing much of anything.

When he was in a second line role and producing, his contract was great value, but for some reason he doesn't seem to be able to be as engaged in the play on the third line and is suddenly overpaid. Not sure why he can't get into gear on a consistent basis. As time goes on, I wonder if we may want to move him out for what Brayden Schenn is purported to be on the trade block for, 2 young players and a 1st round pick. Let him go somewhere where he can be on a second line and we get to replenish the organization depth and create cap space for other items.

Reactions: Budsfan and Pookie

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
That is his individual shooting percentage. On ice is what the other players are shooting at when he is on the ice.

On-ice shooting percentage is essentially the same concept, but with an important twist: It counts all shots taken at the opponent’s net when a player is on the ice, including those by his teammates. It’s a measure of how successful a team is at converting its shots with a certain player on the ice, whether or not the player is the one doing the shooting. Like any stat, on-ice shooting percentage can be applied to all game situations or broken down further by specifying even strength, close situations, etc.
Your Guide to NHL On-Ice Percentages

Thanks for explaining, doesn’t that just show that Kadri and his line isn’t doing a good job at generating offense?

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Kapanen has steadily gone down in PPG as well. He was good for the first 20 games but since then he's come back down to a 50 point pace as well.

He's done a spectacular job in shutting down poor Kappy, their skill level and speed just don't match up.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
All though the stats look good, I agree Kadri can still get to another gear.
Lets have some good insights instead of critics saying you cant say anything bad about Kadri. This goes to the Kadri fans as well for getting too sensitive about some views on the player(biased or not).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I know people like him I do too but your ready to throw Sparks under the bus for tentitive play but I spent my time focusing on him in the Vancouver game and I was severely disappointed in the lack of effort. In particular when he and Kappy had the two on one. Kappy was trying to pass to him and he was skating like he didn't care. Someone needs to flick him behind the ear and tell him stop feeling sorry for himself and to start using blue collar work to get out of his funk.
Kadri is in a bit of a funk but will be fine, Sparks stinks.
Probably why.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kapanen doesn't get PP time though. He really does seem better than kadri too

Kadri's PP time is there but look at his role on the PP. He barely touches the puck. He's mainly there to occupy someone from the other team...if they leave him alone, he would get an opportunity in the slot. Kadri had a much bigger role on the PP last year and a lot more touches.

He would put up more points if he was on the 2nd unit.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Kadri played great last night. Not sure what game you were watching. He was a beast in transition and him and Kap created a bunch of chances. Their timing was a bit off so they couldn't finish.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I honestly think a lot right now has to do with confidence. Losing puck battles, unable to execute in the offensive zone you can tell at times he’s beyond frustrated. I’m fairly certain he’s hit the post about 10 times this year and that’s at a minimum. Guy could easily have 17/18 goals and be on pace for yet another 30 goal season.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Kadri plays his best when he's physical. He's more involved and confidemt with the puck like thay. There's no physicality in his game right now.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kadri is in a bit of a funk but will be fine, Sparks stinks.
Probably why.
He can pull himself out of that funk by ringing his next shot off one post, the crossbar, and then, the other post! That would be his perfect post targeting to date. :eek2:

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kadri plays his best when he's physical. He's more involved and confidemt with the puck like thay. There's no physicality in his game right now.
If only a suspension didn't mean a loss of income, otherwise, I think Kadri would hit more than just goal posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad