Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
This might be a game we see Kadri show up, because the Bruins tend to play physical and Kadri is at his best when he is pushing back and playing with an edge.

He might have extra motivation once his blood stars boiling in this one.

Hope so.

No points in 3 games against them so far.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hope so.

No points in 3 games against them so far.

Bruins are a team that seem to get under his skin (see 2017 playoffs) so I think we will see an engaged Kadri tonight and he might be a factor in this game.

A Bruins style of game is better suited for Kadri, as he is not a player that just likes to skate around and avoid contact like a lot of his teammates, and prefers to get his nose dirty and play hockey as opposed to figure skating.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
This might be a game we see Kadri show up, because the Bruins tend to play physical and Kadri is at his best when he is pushing back and playing with an edge.

He might have extra motivation once his blood stars boiling in this one.

Agreed. Let's hope it's boiling, not over-boiling....

cut.jpg

Reactions: unitedstars87

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Bruins are a team that seem to get under his skin (see 2017 playoffs) so I think we will see an engaged Kadri tonight and he might be a factor in this game.

A Bruins style of game is better suited for Kadri, as he is not a player that just likes to skate around and avoid contact like a lot of his teammates, and prefers to get his nose dirty and play hockey as opposed to figure skating.

I think he used to prefer an angry game.

His hits have been down significantly since Komarov was taken of his line and have continued to be down since he left the organization

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

So the good and bad.

Good. 5 hits tonight vs 4 over the last 11 games. 1PP assist. Awesome.

Bad. -2. Would have been -3 but he went off before the goal. Against the Bruins’ 4th line. Not helping Nylander and vice versa. He does not seem to be able to elevate others around him.

Great effort tonight though. Build on it.

Last edited:

member 300185

Kadri has lost the fire in his belly. Needs to get it back. He has been down right lazy and giving the puck away 5 times per game. Sit him or give him 4th line minutes to get him going. I'm absolutely sick of this clown on the Leafs. Package him with a few other pieces and go after Simmonds or someone.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri has lost the fire in his belly. Needs to get it back. He has been down right lazy and giving the puck away 5 times per game. Sit him or give him 4th line minutes to get him going. I'm absolutely sick of this clown on the Leafs. Package him with a few other pieces and go after Simmonds or someone.
lol what a joke of a post.

Reactions: Jozay

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Both suck right now, Simmonds looks beat up and slow.

They both look lost.

Reactions: NovaLeaf and Al14

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see that the media is now pointing to the fact that Kadri should/could be traded for a quality defenceman.

It's always been an option.

Kadri often seems to have to re-learn what makes him successful. It's maddening that he goes weeks without bringing his A game, or needs to play Boston in some vendetta game or whatever to find his game. I wonder if the Bruins ever have to worry about Marchand forgetting what it takes to be Marchand or the weeks they have to endure Patrice Bergeron floating around.

Reactions: CelticDruid

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I didn't harp on Kadri because at least he was playing well; last 2 to 3 games he has not been that good. He needs to show up

member 300185

lol what a joke of a post.
The "joke' here is you. You criticize everyone else's post, yet never post anything of substance at all. Why don't you just leave the boards if you don't like it.....or use the block button on me. Trust me, I won't mind.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The "joke' here is you. You criticize everyone else's post, yet never post anything of substance at all. Why don't you just leave the boards if you don't like it.....or use the block button on me. Trust me, I won't mind.

Well you might disagree on the reasons but @diceman934 feels that we can’t afford to pay a 3C that kind of scratch.

So in the end, you both advocate for removing him from the team ;)

Embrace the commonality

Reactions: NovaLeaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think Kadri has ever been as good as some people think.

When he was centering the shutdown line, he could shadow one player fairly well, and be aggressive physically, because Komarov was the defensive mainstay. As soon as they were separated, and even more with Komarov gone, his defensive and physical game has disappeared, even with easier matchups.

His offence is primarily scoring, and most of that comes from the PP, or, for a while last year, from Marner's amazing ability to set him up. His PP work reminds me of Kessel's with Pittsburgh - the fifth best player is the one left open most often.

He has improved, but is still not a very good passer, and is prone to making low percentage ones. Fortunately, most of those occur in the offensive zone.

Short of putting him back with Marner and hoping they can outscore their defensive problems, or trading him for a 3-4 defenceman (or in a package for better), I'm not sure what to do with him.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Worse. He REALLY REALLY REALLY doesnt want to be traded.
He is going nowhere.
It's a modified NTC, so it's not impossible to move him, but it would probably reduce the return, which means a trade is less likely.

I wonder what trying to send him to the Marlies would do. Almost certainly he wouldn't clear wavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->