Why is NBC only showing 1 Third Round game (Game 1 Buf @ Car)?

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Obviously this is not what they wanted in the Conference Finals. They don't believe these series will get Ratings. Simple as that IMO.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
No, this is the way it was supposed to be from the start.

NBC has the AFL playoffs. Simple as that.

In fact, the AFL getting slapped in the face by NBC was how they got their deal with OLN.

chiavsfan

Everyone is NOW complaining about the NBC coverage of the playoffs. Yet when the deal was made they laid it out to the letter of when things would be covered. It was a very small deal in the beginning, and I would expect it to expand if rating get better

Cyclops II*

Belanger25 said:
Obviously this is not what they wanted in the Conference Finals. They don't believe these series will get Ratings. Simple as that IMO.

Yes even the players familys couldn't give a damn.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone who wants to whine about NBC obviously has run out of things to complain about.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
chiavsfan said:
Everyone is NOW complaining about the NBC coverage of the playoffs. Yet when the deal was made they laid it out to the letter of when things would be covered. It was a very small deal in the beginning, and I would expect it to expand if rating get better

Excuse me but HOW do the ratings get better with the lack of promotion by NBC and the afternoon slot for the games. I love the people who say quit compaining about how the tv coverage is marketed or presented or the time slots of games, etc. Maybe it is because we want better ratings so hockey can survive long term and the way it has been packaged and presented leave a whole lot to be desired. It is a self-fullfilling prophecy by the way they have not at least attempted to market the game on NBC and let's not even get into OLN. The ratings will never grow with the mindset of just accepting the few crums that are let over in my mind.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
No one ever listens.

NBC has the AFL playoffs starting, and they are required to provide coverage.

NBC has given the NHL 50% more coverage than any other network eve has.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Ummm... when does Fox show baseball?? Saturday afternoons. When does ABC televise the NBA? Sunday afternoons. Hockey on NBC?? Saturday afternoons... hmmm, I see a theme here.

All the major sports play on weekend afternoons, always have, always will. More games would be nice in that slot, but that's what the NHL is going to get.

If you look at NBC Sports schedule up thru the Finals, the weekends without hockey are packed... the US Open, the French Open, the AFL Playoffs. These are all contracts that NBC had long before the NHL deal. Events that can't be moved because of that fact.

And to be a total realist, Golf and Tennis will probably have better ratings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->