Why is Lemieux delaying his Olympic decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
I know his recent medical news/scare with the heart but that appears over. I just do not understand why the delay in letting Gretz know his decision. I am wondering if it has more to do with the Pens situation- some have thought if the Pens were starting to contend for a playoff spot by now he would pass on Turin to rest up for the playoff stretch of the season. Could he be weighing if he things the Pens are in or out of the playoffs- certainly out right now. I mean they have to announce the roster in another week or so- I don't see how his play will be that much dramatically different than it is now- especially now that he won't be playing for probably a week or so with the heart problem. Maybe it is Gretz putting pressure on him to say yes this time- it is interesting when you think Yzerman told he what- about a week ago. What are people feelings and what's his final answer you think? :confused:

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
puck57 said:
I know his recent medical news/scare with the heart but that appears over. I just do not understand why the delay in letting Gretz know his decision. I am wondering if it has more to do with the Pens situation- some have thought if the Pens were starting to contend for a playoff spot by now he would pass on Turin to rest up for the playoff stretch of the season. Could he be weighing if he things the Pens are in or out of the playoffs- certainly out right now. I mean they have to announce the roster in another week or so- I don't see how his play will be that much dramatically different than it is now- especially now that he won't be playing for probably a week or so with the heart problem. Maybe it is Gretz putting pressure on him to say yes this time- it is interesting when you think Yzerman told he what- about a week ago. What are people feelings and what's his final answer you think? :confused:

http://www.tsn.ca/

He made his decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad