Why is it taking so long to extend Chabot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Hmmm, mocking me without reliable info? You can do better....
What? I don't see how I was mocking you. So you think EM has the cash to pay a bonus laden contract in the same mold as other young stars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We're definitely gonna pay a two-time Norris top 10 player in the game who's also our captain..

We're definitely gonna pay one of the best wingers in the game who's our future captain and just 25 years old...

We're definitely gonna re-sign our #1C after not having a real one since Spezza...

We're definitely gonna match any offer sheet with bonus structure made to one of the best up and coming players in the league...

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.
Fool me 3 times and.... Yikes wake up.

If the only thing you're hanging on in hopes to re-sign Chabot is "they have to sign him", well you know it's likely that it's not gonna happen.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The captain openly feuding with other players in the locker room
There was one reported feud that involved the wives of two players. Using the term "other players" is a complete fabrication and this argument has been beaten to death. EK was traded because Melnyk didn't want to pay him what he deserved, nothing more, nothing less, creating stories as to why the org refuses to pay players is bush league.

Anyways, no need to derail..

Reactions: Deku

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So many good excuses for why they never needed to spend. Has there been anyone through the organization that IS worth the money?

The CBA excuse is already lined up for when they deal Chabot.

You seem cranky that I’m not cranky. Find a way to be content with your own perspective, without having to have everyone else view things the same way dude.

I don’t care that you take exception to my opinion, I feel for those of you who can seem to accept that not everyone likes to revel in misery, or draw pleasure from being endlessly cynical and sarcastic

I mean it’s all good, but need to label me as a ‘hand waving optimist’ as you put it, just to reconcile my differing opinion is a bit childish in my opinion.

In the end you are responsible for your own misery surrounding the team, not EM, not PD, not the NHL, and certainly not me.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It’s hockey, I don’t fall for anything. I look at the situation form an opinion, and move on.

You guys are the ones who move the goal posts. If you all lives by your own words, most of you would be fine by now, but no, we still have to be subjected to the whining and complaining.

If I lose interest and enjoyment concerning the team I’ll walk away, while you’ll still be here with your empty threats and endless misery....
Why is it misery?

I don't see it as misery to call it like it is. Part of sports is analyzing and criticizing, not just cheer-leading

I'm not cheer-leading for people making decisions that constantly go against what I think should be done. I will instead continue to comment on them making the wrong ones and for the wrong reasons.

You know what's worse imo?

Following people blindly that lied their asses off.

Getting excited for players that won't be re-signed.

Putting faith in a GM that makes move after move that I don't agree with... even under the strict budget restraints.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Well, that’s something.

- EK will be 29 when his 8 year deal kicks in...
- The franchise doesn’t really look like it’s on its last legs at all. It’s a signed CW and TC away from rendering your posts irrelevant again.
- EM was pissed at Heater because he stalled his trade until after EM paid his bonus if I remember correctly. It smacked of some form of collusion.
- Stone was offered a pretty huge deal allegedly, but chose a bigger one with a full NMC, I do t miss that in the slightest.
- Duchene said the money offers were fair, but he wanted to win now rather than rebuild.
- I don’t really care how you characterize my opinion, nor do I view optimism as a negative.
- I suppose I could argue that there is no amount of negativity that can change things either. I know which way I’d prefer to live my life, and I can see how you prefer to live yours. To each their own I say.

Don’t know why I took the bait, bored I guess...

If only Eugene had a track record of lying to shareholders/business partners to examine...

The Sens are at 7.845 M on signing bonus for the coming season.
5.5M of which was paid by other teams to lower the package they’d have to give to the Sens in recent trades.

Your stance is an owner who is currently giving out 2.345 (2M of which goes to the last big contract given to Ryan) is suddenly going to hand over 25M to Chabot in a lockout year.

This owner isn’t even bothering to replace important front office staff. No, POHO, no COO, no CMO, noAGM for player development or to run Belleville. They have a smaller front office than the Ottawa 67’s.

Anyone taking the stance that money is going to magically appear to sign Chabot is living in denial of the facts.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What? I don't see how I was mocking you. So you think EM has the cash to pay a bonus laden contract in the same mold as other young stars?

Well you did call me ‘teach’, I assumed you were being cheeky.

If it’s comes to that I think we’ll find the money. In my opinion he absolutely has to, or the house of cards will come crashing down...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There was one reported feud that involved the wives of two players. Using the term "other players" is a complete fabrication and this argument has been beaten to death. EK was traded because Melnyk didn't want to pay him what he deserved, nothing more, nothing less, creating stories as to why the org refuses to pay players is bush league.

Beaten to death by some, ignored completely by you. Aren’t you one of the folks who now feel like PD fabricated the whole thing?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You seem cranky that I’m not cranky. Find a way to be content with your own perspective, without having to have everyone else view things the same way dude.

I don’t care that you take exception to my opinion, I feel for those of you who can seem to accept that not everyone likes to revel in misery, or draw pleasure from being endlessly cynical and sarcastic

I mean it’s all good, but need to label me as a ‘hand waving optimist’ as you put it, just to reconcile my differing opinion is a bit childish in my opinion.

In the end you are responsible for your own misery surrounding the team, not EM, not PD, not the NHL, and certainly not me.
It's an open forum? I'm commenting as you are. You like to fill the air waves with your positivity and optimism and I would like to continue to do the opposite, which thankfully this forum allows me to do.

Like I said, I don't see it as misery to call things as they are. The misery is already out there in Melnyk's ownership and Dorion's work.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Why is it misery?

I don't see it as misery to call it like it is. Part of sports is analyzing and criticizing, not just cheer-leading

I'm not cheer-leading for people making decisions that constantly go against what I think should be done. I will instead continue to comment on them making the wrong ones and for the wrong reasons.

You know what's worse imo?

Following people blindly that lied their asses off.

Getting excited for players that won't be re-signed.

Putting faith in a GM that makes move after move that I don't agree with... even under the strict budget restraints.

Dude, the tone of every single one of your posts is negative. Maybe it isn’t misery, you’re right, I added that. The truth is that you could be enjoying being consistently negative and hopeless when it comes to the Sens.

Fair enough, though in truth I don’t have much interest in that kind of behaviour.

In the end we’ll just see how it pans out. Maybe a swift demise of the ownership situation is what we need anyways.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

If it’s comes to that I think we’ll find the money. In my opinion he absolutely has to, or the house of cards will come crashing down...
Eugene has already played his hand of 52 pick up.

They aren’t even bothering to pretend to run a professional organization.

We are in the “last one out turn out the lights” mode.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It's an open forum? I'm commenting as you are. You like to fill the air waves with your positivity and optimism and I would like to continue to do the opposite, which thankfully this forum allows me to do.

Like I said, I don't see it as misery to call things as they are. The misery is already out there in Melnyk's ownership and Dorion's work.

Sure, no problem. How about extend me the respect of being a regular person with a regular opinion, instead of having to assume that I’m nuts so that we can share the same space.

That would be nice :)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
[QDP]

Still searching. Having trouble finding anything other than a whiny Chris Wideman and articles about Karlsson's wife pressing against someone who disgustingly harassed her online, but keep those insults coming.

Remember who's side you are taking here:

This is not Erik Karlsson’s fault

"The fact that Ceci, Borowiecki, and Alfredsson all attended the launch of Can’t Dim My Light (not to mention all the teammates that attended his wedding) demonstrates that these players didn’t resent him the way the media makes it sound. And the fact that the legendary Uber video of teammates criticizing the coaches came out this season shows that leadership problems haven’t magically disappeared since he left."

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Then they traded the guy who he was feuding with and still didn't sign him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Eugene has already played his hand of 52 pick up.

They aren’t even bothering to pretend to run a professional organization.

We are in the “last one out turn out the lights” mode.

This sounds a lot like wishful thinking.

We all want a new owner, you seem to be of a mind that it’s already said and done, while I personally see an owner that is a little more resilient than that.

In my opinion this franchise has a lot further it can drop before changes can be forced by outside forces.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We're definitely gonna pay a two-time Norris top 10 player in the game who's also our captain..

We're definitely gonna pay one of the best wingers in the game who's our future captain and just 25 years old...

We're definitely gonna re-sign our #1C after not having a real one since Spezza...

We're definitely gonna match any offer sheet with bonus structure made to one of the best up and coming players in the league...

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.
Fool me 3 times and.... Yikes wake up.

If the only thing you're hanging on in hopes to re-sign Chabot is "they have to sign him", well you know it's likely that it's not gonna happen.
Great post.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol. Resorting to insults, calling people lazy.... Looks good on you dude!

Well, you did demand that I service you with information that is easily available at your finger tips. Hi would you classify that demand?

And I didn’t call people lazy, I called you lazy, in response to you no being willing to do what you demand of others... fits the definition, no?

Move on...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Then they traded the guy who he was feuding with and still didn't sign him.

Yup. If it was obvious that EK was not going to sign they should have just pulled off the bandaid as they suffered all of the PR damage anyways.

If they still felt that there was a chance, we’ll, Hoff had to go ASAP.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sure, no problem. How about extend me the respect of being a regular person with a regular opinion, instead of having to assume that I’m nuts so that we can share the same space.

That would be nice :)
I wish I could just walk on by, but when you casually threw it out there that they will spend, I felt like I needed to step in and save you. Feels about as crazy as banking on a 649 ticket for retirement.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

It already crashed.... Thats why people take this stance the fact that you havent identified that it happened has put you in this position.

Reactions: Rand0m

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
We will all have our answer the moment that Garrioch starts writing columns that contain subtle hints about how Chabot and White are not 'character' players and don't want to play in Ottawa. That will then lead to the inevitable 'They were never going to sign here anyway' spin/character assassination.

Reactions: Deku and Rand0m

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This sounds a lot like wishful thinking.

We all want a new owner, you seem to be of a mind that it’s already said and done, while I personally see an owner that is a little more resilient than that.

In my opinion this franchise has a lot further it can drop before changes can be forced by outside forces.
Are you going to address the fact that our ownership isn’t even bothering to fill key positions in the org?

Front Office

What about fulfilling this promise?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-senators-hiring-president-hockey-operations-1.5062480

The last big contract we signed was Ryan on Oct 4 2014.

We are giving out 345,000 in signing bonuses to anyone signed after Ryan.

You still want to stick to your “Sens will find 25M in bonus money for Chabot in a lockout season” stance?

That opinion is beyond optimistic and firmly into delusional, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad