Why Is Hendricks thinking of leaving?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hendricks was a great teammate and one of the guys you want to have in the locker room, if we don't find a way to retain him I'm going to be sad to see him leave.

Oftentimes he'd be the only one with the balls to drop the gloves to stick up for our guys even if he was outclassed. Not to mention his value in the shootout and contributions on the PK. Dude is all heart and gives it his all every shift.

I'd much rather see a bunch of other guys leave town before him.

So much so that you would pay him $2-3 mil per for term?

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I don't see how Volpatti makes Hendricks expendable at all. I haven't seen him be anything but invisible for us. And Latta hasn't proven anything yet. It's just a simple matter of finances. Like others have said, Hendricks will get more on the open market than the Caps can (and should) afford to pay him.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
So much so that you would pay him $2-3 mil per for term?
I'd rather not have him take that much cap space up since he is ultimately a fourth liner, but I'd rather see him making within that range than ward making 3 million or poti still being on payroll or Green making 6 million or Schultz making anything.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
Poti isn't even on the payroll brah. There are 500 guys who can play on the 4th line and 300 of them are probably your typical canadian farm boy types who give the best post-game quotes.. speaking of which, we have Liach and Brouwer for that already.

You should really be questioning the logic behind Liach's cap hit. I'd rather have Raffi Torres at that cap hit.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Hendricks at Four years at $1.85. A lot less than the 2-3 mil people were estimating.

I sure am going to miss that guy.

Good luck in Nashville. Have fun rocking it Country style with Fischer and Underwood!

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Hendricks at Four years at $1.85. A lot less than the 2-3 mil people were estimating.

I sure am going to miss that guy.

Good luck in Nashville. Have fun rocking it Country style with Fischer and Underwood!

$1.85 is a lot less than $2? I'm happy for Hendricks getting that rate and term but there was no way the Caps would afford that rate for this coming season. Yeah, yeah, yeah there are tons of ways the Caps could 'make' room for anyone but other than the Schultz buyout that was never going to happen.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'd rather not have him take that much cap space up since he is ultimately a fourth liner, but I'd rather see him making within that range than ward making 3 million .

in this past playoffs ward was tied for the team lead in scoring and Hendricks didn't have a point. the previous year ward was 5th on the team in scoring with the series winner in game 7 v boston and Hendricks was 14th.

ward's game fits the playoffs and he delivers. Hendricks not so much.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Hendricks was heart and soul kinda guy, but that said. His role is interchangeable and cheaper at that....miss him but best of luck. No sense in handcuffing another 2 MM for multiple years for a 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad