Why don't we bring up Youth?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Botterill is playing the long game, putting development above all else. He has insinuated a few times that there will be more callups in the second half. There's also no one in Rochester who could fill the hole at center.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Nylander and Olofsson aren’t really solutions at this point.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Does Scott Wilson plug in when healthy? Also Nylander/Olofsson over Pommer and Ellie most certainly....am I wrong?

Wilson is a legit NHL player. Hopefully he slots in for Elie.

Nylander and Olofsson would probably make the team better...but prioritizing their development in the AHL is more important. Nylander still isn’t close to being point per game in the AHL and Olofsson has cooled off from the hot start.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Nylander and Olofsson aren’t really solutions at this point.

Call ups aren’t looked at as “solutions”, their “bandaids”, Or a gamble, it can be a great thing or it can wreck things for both sides or one.

Of course you know this and I’m more excited about olofsson and for that reason he should stay, Nylander I think should get another few games this year. It’s kind of getting late for him....compared to how fast he was supposed to come around.

I know it’s not realistic to think he’s going to be what he was originally thought, but anything can happen still so at this point I don’t see why it’s not worth doing.

Edit- I just read your most below and yeah, agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad