Why doesn't TSN list each team's salary cap totals?

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
Instead of just listing all the payroll committments, wouldn't it make more sense if they listed all the players currently included in every team's cap? It shouldn't be anymore hectic than updating a player's stats or updating a roster when a call from the minors is made.

ShooterMcGavin*

Instead of just listing all the payroll committments, wouldn't it make more sense if they listed all the players currently included in every team's cap? It shouldn't be anymore hectic than updating a player's stats or updating a roster when a call from the minors is made.

Good idea. I'd like to know how much the teams have to spend.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Makes sense...

It wouldn't be hard since the cap hit is just the average of a player's contract. For example, Luongo is making 6 million this season, but his cap hit is 6.75 because he's going to make 6.5, then 7, then 7.5 million over the next 3 years.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
The only reason that it might be difficult is because the cap hits are calculated on a daily basis....and they would have to add/subtract salaries everytime a player was called up/sent to minors. It could be done....but they would probably have to have at least one person on staff just to update these numbers. Maybe they don't consider it worth the cost?:dunno:

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
It wouldn't be hard since the cap hit is just the average of a player's contract. For example, Luongo is making 6 million this season, but his cap hit is 6.75 because he's going to make 6.5, then 7, then 7.5 million over the next 3 years.
I'd really like to see contract terms, like what you're giving with the # of years and amount per year, listed on one of the big sites. I don't know why no one does it. For a lot of the "minor" players this stuff never gets reported so there's no way to know.

Fugu

Why not pay Irish Blues a free-lancer's fee and just use his tables?

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005

www.nhlnumbers.com

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca

No it's not, it's calculated amongst days on the roster and so on. Irish Blues can get into more details (mainly because he knows them and Mrs. Forbes didn't raise no mathematician), but I know it isn't as cut and dry as you say.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
It would be a very very difficult and time consuming task. Each team's cap totals would have to be calculated every day. Bonuses would have to be reevaluated every day to see if they are attainable. I'm sure it could be done but only with the NHL's complete cooperation. I'm sure Irish Blues can give you a much better answer as he's the closest one outside of the NHL offices to having a complete set of data.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad