Why doesnt Hartford have a WHA franchise?...Could they still get one?

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Bruinaholic, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic Registered User

Law Enforcement
    Coming from a Suburb of Hartford, and being an avid Bruins fan(never ever followed the Whale) and not being a Wolf Pack fan because of there affiliation w/ the New York Rangers i for one would more then likely go too many of the teams games especailly if there where a NHL star or 2 on the Roster.
    Ive read many a time that Howard Baldwin wanted to bring the NHL back to Hartford and that Hartford was a key member of the original WHA so maybe theres a chance a team could come to CT?

2. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Registered User

I have no idea. My first guess is it's just a matter of finding an investor(s). I don't think the WHA is showing a single shred of credibility. They look like hacks. This results in lack of interest and a league that can't attract much interest from serious people.

3. Son of Steinbrenner

Son of Steinbrenner Registered User

because i think madison square garden owns the hartford civic center. i could be wrong though

4. Lard_Lad

Lard_Lad Registered User

Home Page:
    They don't own it, but they do manage it. Either way, no way they'd let the WHA in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.