Why Does WWE Fire and Rehire people?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Bruce Prichard (Aka Brother Love) was let go in May 91 and returned in 92. Was let go in December 2008. They brought him back 10 years later.

Jim Ross has been fired and rehired many times. Jerry Lawler was let go and brought back.

Obviously there's more instances.

But has anyone ever found this odd? Usually when terminated employees are out the door. Well..they don't get back in.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I heard Vince is never against bringing someone back if he thinks they can make money and its clear the man does not know what he wants lol.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
A) have to keep it fresh.

B) can't pay every inactive personality to not work or be able to work else where

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
The real reason is Vince changes his mind constantly. Nothing else. Not money, not keeping it fresh. One day he is all in on you, week later you're fired.

Reactions: Transplanted Caper

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The real reason is Vince changes his mind constantly. Nothing else. Not money, not keeping it fresh. One day he is all in on you, week later you're fired.

This is basically the answer to every "Why/How does WWE decide to do..." questions. Because Vince.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bruce Prichard (Aka Brother Love) was let go in May 91 and returned in 92. Was let go in December 2008. They brought him back 10 years later.

Jim Ross has been fired and rehired many times. Jerry Lawler was let go and brought back.

Obviously there's more instances.

But has anyone ever found this odd? Usually when terminated employees are out the door. Well..they don't get back in.

Not at all. It's professional wrestling. His brand is always gonna be there. His brand is always gonna need help. The people he lets go of are always going to need jobs. If anything the fact he will turn around and rehire someone he's fired before (even multiple times) shows the benefits of why business should never be taken personally. It's just a better way to work because shit happens and it's better if everyone moves on and works in the present. I'm not saying this should be the case everywhere, just that it's not a wonder to me why this is a working philosophy at THIS enterprise.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That's pro wrestling.

Even in the territory days guys would constantly jump to different areas and come back to territories over and over.

It's like Cornette said "how can I miss you if you never go away"

Reactions: KingHollywood

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Pretty much, or said a different way, it's a poorly run organization. Not so much in the examples in the original post but you can obviously see there is no real direction anymore.

Reactions: iamjs

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
When it comes to the behind the scenes guys it's all about who Vince is comfortable with and those who know what he likes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad