Why does Vegas have to keep gouging us?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Typically the Leafs are home on Valentines or so it seems.
Tough ticket to get rid of in my experience.
But the people that want to go to Vegas will go to Vegas, regardless of whether it's on Valentine's Day or a random Tuesday in January.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But the people that want to go to Vegas will go to Vegas, regardless of whether it's on Valentine's Day or a random Tuesday in January.
For sure and regardless of whether the Leafs are there or not.

Reactions: Rob Brown

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
yeah I have read about people mixing it up. What a serious disappointment if you thought you got a really good deal on a flight to Australia only to end up on the east cost. Don't get me wrong ive been to nova scotia and loved it, beautiful part of the world.

then again if a deal seems too good to be true it is, in their case the catch was it was to a different place haha

Funny looking kangaroo

Reactions: Walshy7

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Were you actually going to go? The people that want to go to Vegas will go regardless of what day it is. I'm going this year and I sure as hell wouldn't NOT go because it's a stupid Hallmark day. If you're going to Vegas you are going knowing full well you are spending money.

For the record, I spent $425 CAD on a flight from Toronto to Denver, Denver to Vegas, and Vegas to Phoenix. You can get a hotel in Vegas on the strip on February 14th for less than $100 CAD a night. Did you do absolutely any research before posting this?

Yeah I was planning to go, I usually go to Vegas once a year and I was hoping to go and see a Leafs game at the same time. Why would I want to stay someplace on the strip for less than $100? I should have been a lot more clear the money is just part of it, I just think it's lame that they keep booking Leaf games on holidays.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah I was planning to go, I usually go to Vegas once a year and I was hoping to go and see Leafs game at the same time. Why would I want to stay someplace on the strip for less than $100? I should have been a lot more clear the money is just part of it, I just think it's lame that they keep booking Leaf games on holidays.
I didn't say you had to stay there. You made it seem like they were price gouging us and the fact that it's Valentine's Day would significantly increase the overall cost of the trip, when in reality it still seems very low all things considered. Aria is $200 a night, MGM is $152 a night, NYNY is $107 a night. Those are all very reasonable prices.

And Valentine's day isn't a holiday.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
everyone I know back home in Australia is a canucks fan except one is a bruins fan. Not the whole of Australia obviously but a lot of people I know are canucks fans, probably something to do with their time zone being closer to Australian time zones? I don't know.

edit: just realized you could have meant Sydney, Nova Scotia if so my bad haha. I totally forgot about that (no offence to anyone form there)

Too late. I'm offended.

Reactions: Walshy7

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Sydney, N.S. would be Leafs, Habs and Bruins fan mostly.

Hard to believe but people have mixed the two Sydneys up when travelling.....

Another traveller makes his way to the wrong Sydney | Cape Breton Post

Yeah you'd think its the kind of thing where with people having so many resources at their disposal re:travel that this thing would happen less but it seems to happen like once every 2 years or so now.

I could never imagine getting on a plane and ended up in the wrong hemisphere...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
everyone I know back home in Australia is a canucks fan except one is a bruins fan. Not the whole of Australia obviously but a lot of people I know are canucks fans, probably something to do with their time zone being closer to Australian time zones? I don't know.

edit: just realized you could have meant Sydney, Nova Scotia if so my bad haha. I totally forgot about that (no offence to anyone form there)
I meant Sydney Australia. Just making an example and to be honest, I know quite a few Aussie Leafs fans.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't get the OP here. It's Valentine's day. Is that some big money maker for the NHL? My wife likes hockey and is a Leafs fan but taking her to a game is about the least romantic thing I can think of.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
It’s still probably cheaper to fly to Vegas. Stay a few nights. Watch a game and fly back then it is to see a game in Toronto. I exaggerate. A little bit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s still probably cheaper to fly to Vegas. Stay a few nights. Watch a game and fly back then it is to see a game in Toronto. I exaggerate. A little bit.
or more likely not even close

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
As long as they aren't at home on Valentines Day I couldn't care less where they play.
Strike that, West Coast late start is ideal. I can take the wife for dinner with no distractions.

Smart man. That's good planning. LOL. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->