Why does Steven Stamkos struggle in the playoffs?

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I would not use this series to say stamkos woke up

remember when rick nash went crazy vs the habs last year? same thing here, if he does it next round then he finally broke out of his bad playoff habits for me

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a winger.
I hope sooner than later Coop realizes that

Wonder if Drouin could play center on his line next year. I would also maybe then move him to LW so he is set up to take his one timers and get fed by Drouin.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
What if it was Stamkovski?

Same thing. Stamenko, Stamkev, Stamkin. Stamchuk. They'd all be enigmatic. Imagine if Rick Nash was Russian or Semin a good ol' Canadian boy from Alberta. I'd love to see the general consensus in that alternate dimension.

Stamkos is fine though. He is a shell of his pre injury self but the dude is great player.

He could use a borederline elite player on his line. I guarantee you that he'd be back to being a 55 goal player. As much as I like Callahan, you need someone who can dish the puck to the second best goal scorer in the world. Even Ovi is no longer trying to do everything by himself. He gets in position and they dish him the puck.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Same thing. Stamenko, Stamkev, Stamkin. Stamchuk. They'd all be enigmatic. Imagine if Rick Nash was Russian or Semin a good ol' Canadian boy from Alberta. I'd love to see the general consensus in that alternate dimension.

Stamkos is fine though. He is a shell of his pre injury self but the dude is great player.

He could use a borederline elite player on his line. I guarantee you that he'd be back to being a 55 goal player. As much as I like Callahan, you need someone who can dish the puck to the second best goal scorer in the world. Even Ovi is no longer trying to do everything by himself. He gets in position and they dish him the puck.

MacStamhain. Now there's a good Scotch-Irish boy that'll give you the shirt off his back.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think he looked great in game six. Needs to be that way all the time now.

He did. That may have been his best game all season, certainly one of the best. That was the old Stamkos so many Lightning fans are missing. Dangerous every shift. Maybe moving him to the wing is a solution after all. He seemed to have much more space and time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->