Why does Rick Nash struggle in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain Racette

Jun 18, 2005
How many years now has Nash been "working up to his potential" as a top-flight player? I've been hearing this excuse on the boards since I signed up here ten years ago. The writing's on the wall - he just doesn't have that extra gear. Teams succeed in spite of his efforts, not because of them.

What you see is what you get. Good regular season guy, but simply not a guy who can shoulder an offensive load consistently. Just like No-Show Joe in San Jose.

Q: What do Thornton and Nash have in common with a blizzard?
A: They come on strong in January, but disappear in April.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
4 points in 5 games.

"BUT BUT BUT HE'S PAID TO SCORE GOALS GUISE"

Believe it or not, a Ranger scored on all 3 of his assists. Confirmed with link.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Because chocker. He spent too much time all those years hangin around tin man Thorton.

The Grim Reaper*

P/G so far this year
He's been good this year. *Shrugs*
He leads the team in points and his line has been dominant.
I'm fine with his play so far
He's just under a point per game on our dominant first line lmao.

Stupid thread.
I can't be disappointed in a player that puts up 4 points in 5 games.
4 points in 5 games. Awful.
Nash 4 points in 5 games and struggles. Crosby 4 points in 5 games and played great. Lol hfboards....

In the title of the thread it says "playoffs", not "playoff". How he's performed in the past week, day or hour is not the subject of the thread. I'm talking about his career playoff performances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
In the title of the thread it says "playoffs", not "playoff". How he's performed in the past week, day or hour is not the subject of the thread. I'm talking about his career playoff performances.

You should go make a thread about how Fleury is a playoff choker now that he actually showed up for a series.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nash is not the same type of player Ovechkin is. Nash is a 2-way player who is amazing defensively. He's all-round and has 4 points in 5 games regardless. He's off to a good start.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash is not the same type of player Ovechkin is. Nash is a 2-way player who is amazing defensively. He's all-round and has 4 points in 5 games regardless. He's off to a good start.

He has the same amount of points as Ovechkin.

The only big run he's had, he wasn't right all season, and had unbelievably poor shooting luck.

:teach:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

If im not mistaken this is one of his playoffs and he's not struggling. Since your title wasn't 'in some playoffs' then my post is valid and your premise is not.

The Grim Reaper*

If im not mistaken this is one of his playoffs and he's not struggling. Since your title wasn't 'in some playoffs' then my post is valid and your premise is not.

So you feel confident proclaiming that Nash is good in the playoffs, despite career long statistics that state otherwise, because he had 4 points in 5 games against a Penguins team with 4/6 defenseman missing and a high probability of being swept?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why does Rick Nash struggle in the playoffs? brought to you by the creator of Lundqvist looks rattled in net

Yeah its another troll account don't know why people bother to reply in it lol.

Nash was argubly just better than both Malkin and Crosby in the same series and he supposedly is struggling lmao. Same thing with Lundqvist, rattled my ass he has been amazing so far in the POs.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Nash played all of last year injured.

If you're giving Malkin a pass for putting up 0 points this year, Nash's performance last year should also be irrelevant

The Grim Reaper*

Nash played all of last year injured.

If you're giving Malkin a pass for putting up 0 points this year, Nash's performance last year should also be irrelevant

Malkin:
GP: 101
P: 111
G: 42

Nash:
GP: 46
P: 22
G: 6

Just like Malkins poor performance in 5 games this year doesn't negate his status as a great playoff performer, Nash's good performance in 5 games this year doesn't negate his status as a poor playoff performer.

The Grim Reaper*

I agree, he does have a much better 2-way game than the superstars of the game (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc...), so he should be given credit here since it's not really a measurable stats.

The Grim Reaper*

Doesn't go to the net.

I think this earlier post should be revisited, it's a great observation. What allows some players to perform well in the regular season doesn't always translate well to the playoffs, and it seems Nash has a difficult time adjusting his game to the playoffs. Rarely can you stick to the parameter and expect to have a high impact on the offensive side of the game, instead, great playoff performers go to the dirty areas to look for goals. I rarely see Nash battling in front of the net or digging for pucks down low like other Ranger players. I think this is an area of his game that he needs to improve on for the Rangers to win the cup.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Malkin:
GP: 101
P: 111
G: 42

Nash:
GP: 46
P: 22
G: 6

Just like Malkins poor performance in 5 games this year doesn't negate his status as a great playoff performer, Nash's good performance in 5 games this year doesn't negate his status as a poor playoff performer.

Way to miss the point. Last year's numbers for Nash are irrelevant, because he was injured, just like Malkin's this year are.

He's played 21 healthy playoff games and scored 12 points in those games. That's not good, but it's also a 21 game sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->