Why does Rick Nash struggle in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
P/G so far this year

This. But haters will continue to hate.

He had some great defensive plays, great penalty kill, good forecheck and even though he wasn't a stand out in this series, still pretty much a PPG so far this playoffs - all the attention on Nash though and not Malkin who had 0

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He's not struggling though, this year. His line has been dominant and he's gotten and created a ton of chances.

He shouldn't be expected to put up Crosby or Ovechkin numbers, he's not that tier of player.

Last year he struggled and it was noticeable in his play, despite his hustling, he wasn't creating as much. This series his play was perfectly fine. He didn't struggle at all.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's just under a point per game on our dominant first line lmao.

Stupid thread.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
he is a terrific player and very responsible but would be nice to see him score goals and playoff goals. Unless its an injury it seems when the games are big and the opponents clamp down on him and he can't overcome that offensively.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why does Rick Nash struggle in the playoffs? brought to you by the creator of Lundqvist looks rattled in net

Last edited:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
22/45 = .49 P/G = not good enough

This thread isn't coming at a time when the current situation is irrelevant. It's coming during the playoffs right now and therefore, the most relevant thing is his play right now. Should we also have a why does Marc Andre Fleury suck balls in the PO thread after his team MVP performance in the PO this year? Foolishness.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I often seriously wonder why I ever come on this site or any other hockey site for that matter. It's not that I think I know more about hockey than anyone else but omg give it a rest. :cry:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He doesn't get as many breakaway or odd man rushes during the playoffs since teams play really tight defense, and he's really good at those. He also isn't trying as many 1 on 1 moves or things like that it seems, more content with a long shot to create a rebound or to dump the puck. He's playing safer in the playoffs IMO rather than taking some risks that sometimes lead to goals.

That said, he also has had some real good looks that didn't go in for him, sometimes it's just luck or a hot goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad