Why does Kessel have the same rating as Malkin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
Kessel has more offensive ability than Crosby if he reaches it.

kessel to date NHL career totals = 97 points

crosby 18 year old NHL totals = 102 points

they are the same age aswell, if kessel is still reaching, there is no reason to believe that crosby isnt aswell, i dont even believe kessel will ever reach 102 points in 1 season

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
at the time Kessel was ranked with Crosby. OR say some American hockey fans.

"American's answerw to Sidney Crosby"

IF Kessel is at Crosby's level and Malkin is almost at Crosby's level then Malkin= Kessel.

Do I have to prove you wrong yet AGAIN?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/juniors/2005-12-21-kessel-focus_x.htm

"Former NHL coach Pierre Maguire, now a hockey analyst on OLN and Canada's TSN and a knowledgeable draftnik, said more than 10 general managers would have rated Kessel over Crosby last summer if Kessel had been eligible for the 2005 draft."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2005-07-28-draft-talent_x.htm
Interestingly, the projected No. 1 pick next season, Wisconsin native Phil Kessel, has been called "the American Sidney Crosby."

"He has the skating ability of Pat LaFontaine and shooting ability of Brett Hull. That's a lethal combination," McGuire said. "He may not be the ambassador Sid is going to be because Sid is so polished."

All of the Kessel/Crosby talk came directly from Pierre McGuire.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
they are the same age aswell, if kessel is still reaching, there is no reason to believe that crosby isnt aswell, i dont even believe kessel will ever reach 102 points in 1 season
And what leads you to that conclusion?
That's just a dumb statement. Crosby has never had a 40 goal season. Kessel already has 19 goals in 30 games, putting him at 52 for the season.

Kessel might not ever be the force that Malkin and Crosby are, but this whole tread started because they were both rated 9.0Bs. Malkin should of been a 9.5B instead.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
And what leads you to that conclusion?
That's just a dumb statement. Crosby has never had a 40 goal season. Kessel already has 19 goals in 30 games, putting him at 52 for the season.

Kessel might not ever be the force that Malkin and Crosby are, but this whole tread started because they were both rated 9.0Bs. Malkin should of been a 9.5B instead.

Funny you say Crosby has never scored 40 goals, he scored 39 as a rookie. Kessel hasn't either. Do you know what a dumb statement is how you can say Kessel is on pace for 52 or wait I mean "putting him at 52 for the season," season isn't over. I'll be amazed if Kessel keeps up this consistency for the rest of the season. Right now Kessel's career high is 19. So until he beats Crosby in that category at least once you can't even make that argument.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
haha I love this thread now.

Back to this point, I don't really wanna start anything but no need to bring out facts it is funny though you don't bring up more obvious facts such as, Malkin has almost as many goals as Kessel has career points. Or even Ovechkin has almost double the goals than Kessel does points. Or another one Malkin had more points in one season alone than Kessel has points in his career up to date.

Do you understand there is a difference between, past, present and future tenses?

Randall Graves*

There are definitely some ridiculous Crosby homers here, he will never score 2 ppg unless the GPG average nears 10 a game.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Do you understand there is a difference between, past, present and future tenses?

I guess you don't nor can you read. I said I didn't wanna start anything and I'd show you some more obvious facts. You brought up some current facts, I brought up current facts. Don't even bother try starting a debate over this, really no point.
Thanks for comin out though! ;)

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Funny you say Crosby has never scored 40 goals, he scored 39 as a rookie. Kessel hasn't either. Do you know what a dumb statement is how you can say Kessel is on pace for 52 or wait I mean "putting him at 52 for the season," season isn't over. I'll be amazed if Kessel keeps up this consistency for the rest of the season. Right now Kessel's career high is 19. So until he beats Crosby in that category at least once you can't even make that argument.
Sorry if you don't understand my phrasing.

Let's also ignore the fact that Kessel had cancer... that has nothing to do with him having a career high of 19 goals. :shakehead

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
There are definitely some ridiculous Crosby homers here, he will never score 2 ppg unless the GPG average nears 10 a game.

He did 1.5 as a nineteen year old didn't he? I don't think he ever will but it's not out of the question for him to reach 2 PPG with the GPG at what it's currently at.

Tek_Jansen

Mar 17, 2007
Pittsburgh PA
crosby 170+ ?

if he ever scores more than 130 i'll eat my shorts.

That would be a good statement for 170, but you don't think he can hit 130 when his career high is 120 as a nineteen year old with 3 games missed and a gimp foot for part of the season? I want a youtube video of you eating your shorts btw if it happens :)

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Sorry if you don't understand my phrasing.

Let's also ignore the fact that Kessel had cancer... that has nothing to do with him having a career high of 19 goals. :shakehead

He missed 11 games because of it. And Kessel played all of last season "cancer free."
Crosby last season played 53 games scoring 72 points, 48 assists is more than Kessel's point total of 37. A year in which Kessel played every game. It's kinda hard to make that argument, unless you really think Kessel would of scored more than 19 games in his rookie season had he not missed 11 games. So I really don't see the point in bringing it up that he had cancer, great he came back and all.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He missed 11 games because of it. And Kessel played all of last season "cancer free."
Crosby last season played 53 games scoring 72 points, 48 assists is more than Kessel's point total of 37. A year in which Kessel played every game. It's kinda hard to make that argument, unless you really think Kessel would of scored more than 19 games in his rookie season had he not missed 11 games. So I really don't see the point in bringing it up that he had cancer, great he came back and all.

just stop replying, you are starting to make me sick.

at this point, who cares. the league needs many more young studs, and I hope Kessel can be apart of it. he has come back from much adversity, and he will only continue to improve. I doubt he will ever reach Crosby, or Malkin, but there is very little doubt that Kessel is becoming one of the most electrifying players in the game today.

Look at Chris Pronger, some players do take awhile to adjust to the NHL game, but when they do, look out.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
haha I love this thread now.

Back to this point, I don't really wanna start anything but no need to bring out facts it is funny though you don't bring up more obvious facts such as, Malkin has almost as many goals as Kessel has career points. Or even Ovechkin has almost double the goals than Kessel does points. Or another one Malkin had more points in one season alone than Kessel has points in his career up to date.

You're really missing the point here ...

The guy said that if Kessel could improve is knowledge and strength he had the potential to one season, one day, outscore Crosby... He bring some 2009 stat to show Kessel as improve those criteria. That only showed Kessel is starting to fullfill is potential... will it stop before Crosby's level ? Probably, but the question can still be ask! Pointing out career number's is just absurde ...

I've read the entire thread and I give props to goopher for having seen something I hasn't at the time ... I've seen alot of Kessel games this year and something as change in is game, you're now left with the impression he can score on every shift...
Will he improve from this ? I'm going to say yes ! with a little more strength and the confidence to use it he can achieve that.

Randall Graves*

He did 1.5 as a nineteen year old didn't he? I don't think he ever will but it's not out of the question for him to reach 2 PPG with the GPG at what it's currently at.
goalies are too good, the players are too good, and the systems are SO much more advanced than 10-20 years ago, he will never average 2 ppg over the course of a full season. It's just to hard.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Yep, people that have cancer removed are 100% back to their old self! It's not like it takes a year or so to put the weight back on, regain your full strength or anything...

To say that Kessel's cancer didn't slow him before it was removed or after it was removed it just plain stupid.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yep, people that have cancer removed are 100% back to their old self! It's not like it takes a year or so to put the weight back on, regain your full strength or anything...

To say that Kessel's cancer didn't slow him before it was removed or after it was removed it just plain stupid.

He had a testicle removed surgically. No chemo, no radiation. If he had systemic issues because of his illness, it wouldn't have been at a stage that was so easily treatable. His recovery, physically speaking, would have been no different than a similarly invasive procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad