Why do we still treat Bobby Hull as a legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
For all his accomplishments in Hockey, how the league and the Chicago Blackhawks continue to glorify Bobby Hull year after year is frankly disturbing. The Chicago Blackhawks should be embarrassed to recognize him as an "ambassador to the game." How come hockey fans don't hold Hull in the same regard as someone like Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson, but instead still promote and recognize his "Golden Boy" image?

The correct thing to do is to revoke Hull's spot in the Hockey Hall of Fame and remove him from all future NHL promotional events.

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
huh? What's he done?

I live in Europe BTW. zero hockey coverage.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hull was a wife abuser. Again as talented as he was and he was, none of that excuses abuse, don't know if they should revoke his Hall of Fame status but he shouldn't be involved with promotional events.

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
I see your point but everyone is fallible. We don't know the details. Was he an alcoholic or drug addict. If he was he had little or no control over his actions. There is a tipping point with drink and drugs that make you act reprehensible.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Hull was a wife abuser. Again as talented as he was and he was, none of that excuses abuse, don't know if they should revoke his Hall of Fame status but he shouldn't be involved with promotional events.
How many times did he do it, to what degree and how long ago wad this? Does he ever get off the hook?

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I feel that this will go in a non-hockey direction that will probably bum everybody out. If someone wants to apply non-hockey related reasons to their feelings about a player as a person, they’re well within their rights to do so. But I don’t know if we need to gather around HOH and talk about a charged topic like to one being alluded to. I’m not sure what exactly we would be discussing - other than maybe venting on something that we would all agree is not appropriate behavior.

But totally feel free to message me if you feel it should be discussed in this particular sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad