Why do we hate all our coaches?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I've had internet since the days of Colin Campbell. Every single coach we've had was hated. Our problems were always blamed on the coach making everything worse: misusing our players, terrible lines, not giving players a chance and most of all, refusing to play the kids.

I don't know if its this fan base in particular, or being a hockey fan in general, but for a LOT of vocal posters the easiest way to make themselves relevant in any discussion is to go the route of least effort and thinking, aka. being pissed of at everything and blaming everything.

It doesn't matter if it contributes to any discussion, they just need someone to be angry and, and seeing fellow fans be angry at the the same thing works as a confirmation that they are right in their complaining, despite accomplishing nothing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Torts system in the ozone was basically...im gonna let you do what you want...as long as you get back and defend.

It wasn't about loosening the reigns...he let them play. He just insisted they play defense too.
We'll never know for sure, but there's no telling if the team wouldn't have had their 2013-2015 offensive explosion under Torts anyway.

People completely hand that to AV but they got a lot more talented.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Well this is simple to answer, everyone thinks they could coach the team, that theyre smarter than the GM and coach because it's so simple. New Yorkers just don't have patience that's why you never see a rebuild done right because after a year or 2 they panic and rather be average than take the time to do it right and that's every sport. Hockey fans are still better than football basketball and baseball fans, I think hockey is respected more than the other sports. Usually it's the guys who never played at a high level who think they could run the team. We just like to blame people, it's easier to blame 1 coach instead of 20 players

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well this is simple to answer, everyone thinks they could coach the team, that theyre smarter than the GM and coach because it's so simple. New Yorkers just don't have patience that's why you never see a rebuild done right because after a year or 2 they panic and rather be average than take the time to do it right and that's every sport. Hockey fans are still better than football basketball and baseball fans, I think hockey is respected more than the other sports. Usually it's the guys who never played at a high level who think they could run the team. We just like to blame people, it's easier to blame 1 coach instead of 20 players
Could I coach the team? No.

Could I do worse than AV in terms of defensive structure and usage? Probably not.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad